Saturday, September 29, 2012

Full


Linked to the following prompts-
 Photo Art Friday, Flower Art Friday ,White WednesdayWordless Wednesday,Weekend Pics Flowers



Front yard  garden, Blacksburg, VA- Sept 27, 2012


For Grace we miss you.


During the month of September I  crafted bowls, did lots of physical therapy, missed my traveling husband, visited a friend, lost a friend to cancer and played with my niece. Live each day as a gift.




                             Some of my sewing projects.
My friend Grace was a consummate seamstress. I can hardly take a stitch and not think of her.  Thanks for sharing what you loved.

30 comments:

  1. So very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.
    Your flower piece is lovely. It has very delicate and understated tones that I find very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely abstraction white rose :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Merike- I really enjoyed getting so close to this rose. I am very please with the result.

      Delete
  3. A lovely abstract play of shadow and light - kind of like life. Thank you for sharing your image with Photo Art Friday, Teri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie-Yes, just like life.
      And I always enjoy your Photo Art Friday. :-)

      Delete
  4. I feel so blessed to BE invited in, Teri. There is so much in Life to savour, to discover, to BE BEwildered by, to bring tears and smiles. It's a great glorious stretching wide yawn of treasures. Loss and creativity, love and family, and always the edges we hesitate to visit and then, surprise, we're given wings and know flying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currie - you spoke well of the edges, I find myself there a lot lately. I like the idea that we are given wings.

      Delete
  5. The rose is life close up, and the composite photo is the overview. I like photos of my life close up when things are rosy and beautiful. I pull back for the bigger picture when life in the moment hurts. I wish for you more rosy and beautiful in October:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon- I am blessed, always with moments filled with roses and wonderful light. It reminds be to continue on those other days.

      Delete
  6. Oh, Teri, I'm so sorry for your loss, so happy for your joys. you are so right when you say that each day is a gift; I so often forget that. Your bowl is wonderful, and that close-up photo of the rose is exquisite. You are a gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharmon- Thank you for you kind words. For me, the remembering of gratitude for each day sometimes takes great effort. Other days it is not so hard. I hope you are well.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful rose, terrific bowl...again I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda- these bowls have really been a nice diversion this autumn.

      Delete
  8. Teri - very much like the "rose" abstraction - wonderful light. Thanks so much for sharing; visiting from PAF. kareninkenai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. I look forward to joining in.

      Delete
  9. First I want to say thank you for visiting my site "EDIT your Photo" - I am happy for your sweet words. Second I would like to give you a hug for your loss but I can't as it is something that is hard to do (can't reach through your computer ;) ) - And finally I will tell you that your art what you do is so amazing and very well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mariane. I look forward to joining in again. Your sweet comments are appreciated.

      Delete
  10. I am so sorry for your loss. Thanks for the gentle reminder about life! Your art work is fabulous. This is such an awesome post. I would love it if you would share this post at our WIW linky party. Hope you can join us. :-)

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once again, thank you Paula for stopping by.

      Delete
  11. i'm sorry for the loss of your friend...looks like you've been keeping busy...what did you make that bowl out of? thanks for the photo meet groups, i'm checking them out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tanya- through loss and grief blessings continue to fall. Hope to meet up with you sometime soon.

      Delete
  12. You were busy with life in all its ramifications. The rose is meltingly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb- As you know, even in hard times, each day has blessings that fall into our hearts. Hope you are well.

      Delete
  13. indeed, indeed...I am sorry for your sadness Teri and that I have not been around much...gentle steps my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura- Sadness mixed with moments of profound comfort. Thanks as always for your gentle heart. xo

      Delete
  14. I am so sorry for your loss.
    I like your art. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.