HM Patterson & Son Oglethorp Funeral Home, Atlanta Georgia- Oct 6, 2012
Sometimes red boots are the only solution.
Sometimes the doing the right thing requires careful planning and a bit of faith. This past weekend, a friends mother passed away in Atlanta. It had been a long journey. My friend was at her mothers bedside for nearly all of the past 60 days. I had "planned" that when the time came, that I would make every effort to make the 7 hour trip, to be with her at the funeral. Things aligned for me to make this trip. Not only that but another friend stepped up and said she would make the trip with me. What a blessing!
The day of the funeral traveling companion asked, "what about these red boots?" I said , "They are absolutely the perfect thing." And they were.

yes, sometimes we all have to put those red boots on and dance our heart out..............
ReplyDelete:-) thanks Cynnie!
DeleteBeautiful stonework but not a cheery setting. I'm sorry....
ReplyDeleteSharon- My friend and I made the most of it though. And felt very blessed to be there. xo teri
DeleteSolution or not, I LOVE those red boots!!
ReplyDeleteHEY Judy- They really are something, aren't they?
DeleteNow, if only I had some! The photo makes me really look and question what's happening.
ReplyDeleteBarb - the rest of the story is added after the link at the bottom. But it is exactly that bit of puzzling that I had in mind, when posting this photo. I felt the photo summed up my weekend somehow.
DeleteAlthough this was a sad occasion, I like your photo of the stone work and the red boots.
ReplyDelete