![]() |
| Blacksburg, Va- March 10, 2011 |
The Two Mile Circle
(or Yesterdays Walk)
Heavy and wet-
Torrents of rain
Cold and damp,-
I saw snow flakes.
There was reluctance, and procrastination.
I called it contentment
There was avoidance by napping.
I said I was tired.
Getting dusky-
the
rain
stopped.
Ever so annoyed I put on a coat and a rain coat over that.
I was NOT going to carry a dumb umbrella.
I put on my hat and my gloves,
miserable in every way
I did not want to be back to walking through drab.
I did not want to be back to walking through drab.
Pepper black lab and princess of all that is right with my life-
looked at me quivering in anticipation-- "a walk? oh really!! A WALK!!! Oh I just can't stand it -
I
am
so so so so so
SO
exited.!!!"
"What? You say it is cold and wet?
What? A Walk- oh a walk..."
So out we go.
It was so much better when I was writing small stones- walks were full of wonder.
Even though it was January.
But now this month I march with the discussion of faith on my mind.
Nothing is tidy, nothing stays were I put it.
Just when I think I can express things clearly the fog rolls in, someone tracks mud on my ideas, the dog throws up on the rug, I notice my closet is too full,I loose my train of thought, a plant needs watering, the phone rings, a brother gets evicted from his house, a bowl shatters, and most of these things I could handle before I thought about faith...
Or
Or what?
Or I just knew the sky would clear, the mud got wiped up, the rug got cleaned up, I removed a a piece of clothing and that was enough, I laughed, brought water to the plant, answered the phone- or not. Did not fret about my brother, yelled at the dog for breaking the bowl, and moved on.
Or did I?
Half way home - I begin to warm up, my heart lifts, I know I will be alright.
Yesterdays stone-
My faith in understanding faith
Made a two mile circle in my mind
Good thing I left and came back home.
Today I was mercifully gifted with two perfect permissions to breathe- and when I mindfully breathe I allow room for faith- even if I don't understand it.
Fiona's writings on Perseverance -
(I am taking part in Writing as a Spiritual Practice this month with Fiona)
My Daily Calendar reminder -"Patience is the best remedy for most trouble..."
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2
May your guideposts to faith always come at just the right time. But know this~ if you loose your faith there will be those of us praying you through. Blessings- teri

I think you've done a wonderful job of describing the feelings we all face from time to time. It doesn't matter whether we're thinking about faith or getting started on chores. Fortunately we usually make that full circle and everything is right in our hearts and soul.
ReplyDeleteI loved your post. I've been there so many times - not least a few times this week! Acceptance of what is happening and patience that faith and love will prevail has usually pulled me through sooner or later! I'm glad you found your way home!
ReplyDeleteBeautifully written. Blessings to you.
ReplyDelete"Today I was mercifully gifted with two perfect permissions to breathe- and when I mindfully breathe I allow room for faith- even if I don't understand it." So often we don't, can't understand faith...and yet there it is, HERE it is, each time we return to our breath with awareness!
ReplyDeleteI love your spirit and can relate so much to this writing. Your gift of writing, and the way you share them, help me . Thank you Teri.
ReplyDeleteLove you
I send blessings to each of you whose comments made this post bearable. By that I mean I was thinking of pulling the post- Thanks for giving me enough help to see a bit more clearly.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you shared your thoughts here. Your transparency is illuminating. "We get by with a little help from our friends."
ReplyDeleteI'm go glad you haven't pulled this! It reaches tricky places and puts words to slippery thoughts.
ReplyDelete"Nothing is tidy, nothing stays were I put it." This sums it for me, I love that.
Beautiful post that touched me.
Thank you!
Kris- I am so glad you brought this post to my attention. Even though I used it as a link on a recent post (August 20,2011) I did not read it through. Reading it through now- I am beginning to see what a pivotal place I was in... thank goodness I did not pull it- sometimes it is so hard to see. Blessings - teri
ReplyDelete