Tuesday, November 13, 2012

On Being Grateful



This post was written and is a part of Laura Hegfield's - Gratitude Quilt




                    The bedroom with a View, Blacksburg, VA-Nov 12, 2012



Doors wide open, I invite the mild November morning inside.

T
he red leaf maple casts her warmth into my heart,

while the gray sky sighs in muted reflection.
Crows and catbirds thrill their wings
and do not remember summer. 
Chickadees and finches chitter into the day,
unaware of the lessons they teach.
I am alive in this moment.

My green tea cools as autumn slips into forgetting.

I am blessed with another day.







 



(From my other blog.) 
small stone, with attitude. This was something I wrote just before finding what I was grateful for.


The red leaf maple shakes her leaves like lingerie, 
exposing graceful branches.


 




15 comments:

  1. i would love to have that view from my bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a picture of a bedroom like this in a magazine when I was a teenager, I cut it out and kept it. It was a picture from the outside though, and you could not see what was inside. I always wanted to know what was on the inside. Now I do.

      Delete
  2. Great writing, as usual :) Oh, and I want to live in that bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy- it is a rather special room.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful view ~ Beautiful gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. The next day the temps dropped into the low 40's- so the doors are closed tight. The view is still not bad.

      Delete
  4. And thanks for the link to Laura's Quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Teri, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. sigh....s-o-o-o gorgeous! esp. 'My green tea cools as autumn slips into forgetting.
    I am blessed with another day.'

    ReplyDelete
  7. so grateful YOU are a part of my life beautiful soul!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Teri... please stop by my blog there is something special waiting for you http://www.shinethedivinecreativityisaspiritualpractice.com/2012/12/lace-hearts.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.