Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring Time Pause





Backyard Garden, Blacksburg, VA, April 11, 2012

Laying in the dirt
to catch the last of the evening light
My dog snuggles close -
 her head resting on my foot.

I type this on my three year old laptop. Duct tape holds the connection cord into the computer. It has lost its sheen, where my base of my palm rests on the keyboard. There is a folder, named 2012 Hoover.  This years, non-client photos, live there. All 1,567 of them.(And yes they are backed up on two external hard drives, and copied onto CD's-) Each photo, a pausing to see.  I pause a lot.  It has been such a lovely beginning of 2012.



10 comments:

  1. If you average each exposure at 1/250th of a second, it is only a little more than six seconds that you have "paused". That is not nearly long enough, Keep shooting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT is WONDERFUL information! I love this and will definitely keep that in mind, as I go through out the rest of 2012.

      Delete
  2. Bleeding hearts. Yes, keep pausing and shooting please. We all benefit:)

    I have started a ten-day spring break and have a list of things to do a mile long. I just put "pause" at the top of the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok Sharon- I will keep shooting just for you! Sending you some spring time love!!

      Delete
  3. The Bleeding Heart was one of my mother's favorite flowers. When I saw your photo, I instantly thought of her - thank you. Unfortunately, they don't seem to grow well at high altitude. I'm happy with your pauses, Teri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb- For nearly 15 years I tried to grow these. I must have tried 5 or 6 times. I was thrilled when I finally got this one to grow. I will remember your mom too now. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. lovely shot of bleeding heart flowers. they are such a great shape and colour. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pausing to look through photos is a wonderful way to spend some quality time. I have almost as many photos in my folder (also backed up on two external hard drives and CDs) as you do. I really like your photo of the bleeding hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it always makes me feel better when I know others take the time to back up their photos. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.