Monday, March 5, 2012

The Inside Outness-Flying Home



The inside outness- yes, that is what I meant to say.  Life seems all inside out.  We had spring in January and winter in March.  There have been surges of energy right after a let down. And juxtapositions of unlikely things- that flow together. 

And I have looked at clouds from above.

Eastbound from Park City to Atlanta, March 3, 2012
Droid phone photo- I took at least 20 of these little cell phone photos - it is always so enlightening to see our planet from an airplane.

March 5,  2012 - Small Stones
nudgings  by Teri H Hoover

spread out to cover the earth
the blanket of clouds below
worn through 
by the pointed noses
 of nudging of mountains








9 comments:

  1. Wow- wonderful photo and accompanying poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I've looked at clouds from both sides now..." I was suddenly reminded of Joni Mitchell, good memories from the 70's :-) Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I flew over the rocky mountains a couple weeks ago . . . it was dark. Your photo is breathtaking. Wish I could have seen it in person, but your photo is quite good enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a lot of inside-outness going on recently, isn't there? I love seeing the clouds from above. Ditto on the Joni Mitchell thang, Inger-M!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That and the upside-downness of it all is downright maddening. Your photos and your poem make me think of my daughter's well-worn baby blanket, somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that phrase -- inside outness. It's a great description of the way things have been going lately. I also like your picture of the clouds from above. I've never been able to get a good picture from a plane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photograph and words, Teri!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A surreal, whipped cream world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the calm feel of being above the clouds ~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.