Monday, November 7, 2011

Crossing Many Lines



Front yard garden, Blacksburg, VA- Nov 5, 2011
inspired by Photos by Senior Hiker thanks George!



There is a lingering between the seasons.

Stubborn roses that have endured two good frosts bloom and flourish. There are others, on the very same bush that have succumbed and withered. I let my camera focus on the one that blooms despite the cold. The final image reminds me of another photo I took this summer. You may remember - my daughters wedding dress from below.


I ebb and flow -

Enjoying the warm days where I walk without a jacket. Only to come home and need to put on my coat in the house!  I am crossing many lines, a bit more easily than in the past. Despite wanting endless summer I am finding colorful reasons to keep my eyes open.

 
 Front yard, Blacksburg, Va- Nov 5, 2011









14 comments:

  1. You are still enjoying such vibrant color! I brought a potted geranium inside because too many nights got too cold and the silly plant continues to put out gorgeous red blooms.

    It's 60 degrees here today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful images and I too ,,,right a way thought of "my" dress foto...and look at that vibrant color in those leaves...you work genius with your lens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful images and I too ,,,right a way thought of "my" dress foto...and look at that vibrant color in those leaves...you work genius with your lens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course, Teri - I remember you now - you were preparing for your daughter's wedding in the midst of the River of Stones. So glad to become reacquainted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stubborn rose is beautiful. I know what you mean about the house being cooler than the outside. That's why we've had a fire in the fireplace most afternoons and evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teri - that rose photo is beautiful, as if there's a beating heart giving out the light. The kind of photo to look at on a grey day and feel instantly brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your beautiful ebb and flow of photos. The wedding dress from below is reminiscent of the petals of the rose above--lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First I want to just give a blanket thank you for all the wonderful comments-thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon - we are just like that silly geranium- we just keep on blooming. It was nice of you to bring in inside.xo teri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cynnie- I thought of you when I saw this rose... I said I wonder if I get up real close if it will look like my daughter wedding dress? Thanks as always for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barb- Wow - good memory. I am so happy to find you again. Your blog always brings me a sense of calm. Your photos are wonderful!! thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  12. George- I am so glad your inspired me to get out there and photograph it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lynn- spoken like a true writer. Your words bring a bit of light as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pat- Welcome to my little spot in the blogosphere. And thank you for your comments. blessings-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.