Sunday, November 13, 2011

Again



Buffalo Mountain Va- Nov 7, 2011 by Anne Campbell 

I am sitting around watching the seasons change.   
I like to stay put, I admit it. 
I can linger longer than most. I am a great lingerer. 
Watching the clouds blow in
is enough change for me.

I look at all the leaves that have "let go", but ponder about the ones still "holding on".

I do a bit of both- letting go and holding on. I tend toward holding on. I do the letting go part slowly and reluctantly.  And usually I am ok with that. But when my faith gets replaced by fear, slow letting go, gives way to feet dragging and lethargy. When my faith stops short, worry steps in. I know, I know... how unenlightened. Silly me, I was not done with summer, let alone autumn. I was  happy with a husband who was not traveling. I was enjoying the long evenings filled with soft light. Now the husband is away all of November and they took away one hour of light in the evening.
 
I am watching the season go, in bits, from autumn toward winter. That enfolding of one season into another is a great mystery to me. How does  one thing become another?  How can something be here and then go away?  The balance of holding on and letting go. Again.

....

Today's post from my other blog(A small stone Gathering).  Each day I find one thing and basically photograph it with words. And usually I "cheat" and take a photo with my phone - just to prompt me along..

November 13, 2011- Small Stones 
impressions  by  Teri H Hoover


The sun peered out hazily 
obscured by a cataract of clouds,
  Making little impression. 










10 comments:

  1. Clouds are temporarily powerful when they cast a pall over the sun, this is what we see and experience.Nature is Change and Change is Nature, yet the sea sun moon and clouds are the same...Teri deeply enjoyed your expressions which have 'again'inspired me.Beautiful thoughts and observations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your blog, Teri - the gentle thought provoking quality and your comparison with yourself to the leaves letting go or hanging on. Faith I think is often the answer to most things, to be able to move on in any way in our lives, we have to have a strong amount of faith. I felt that strongly in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, me too with the holding on and letting go. I have been thinking about your observations. This morning I realized I'm still holding onto what I wanted for this phase in my life although it's obvious that it's time to let some of those things go. My fear is that I don't know what will go with them....

    Teri, your comment on my last post was a virtual hug, though I'm still plotting to find a way to make that a real hug:) You picked out my favorite phrase from the poem. It helps to have friends who understand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you Teri...and there are so many forms of letting go...sometimes the slow release, the reluctant release is exactly right, it is what we are feeling, in the moment it is what is true...it always comes down to love. This is what I am learning. Beneath the worry, the fear, the desire to cling is love...patience towards that part of ourselves that is not quite ready to let go is vital and the most compassion way to be at such times. The inner release will happen when you are ready, the seasons will continue to change even if you are not, and then you (I, we all) will catch up with gratitude for the new "space" we find ourselves in. Well, that's my opinion anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anjum -I am so thankful for your reminder - "Clouds are temporarily powerful when they cast a pall over the sun.". xo teri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz - thank you for your faith filled comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah Sharon-I hear your your statement/question... "what would go with them?" I know that question well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura - I am deeply moved by your comments here. On your blog you offer a way to truly see how to be patient with ourselves and circumstances. And how to wait in Faith even when we feel lost. Sending blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm finding that the older I get, the more I like to linger. I don't think it's laziness or old age as it is that I find so much more to appreciate in each moment. But then I realize that there are still many things I want to do, so I have to let go of the present so I can get to them. But I'm thankful that I still have the ability to do both.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.