Thursday, January 13, 2011

An Easy Unbalance



Blacksburg, VA- Jan 13, 2011


-words slipped from her mind 
like the setting of the sun in winter-






At my mid morning class as I lay on my back -
I observed my body's unbalanced feeling.
My left side felt grounded and connected.
my right side was tight and unmanageable

Too many late nights on the computer will do that.

Un
balanced

It was suggested to envision an 
intertwining 
of sides while deep breathing.
And to  incorporate asymmetrical poses-
maybe tomorrow-



7 comments:

  1. Marvelous....every watercolorists dream shot:)
    with the opposing lines and not having to change a thing...just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems such a big part of life, balance. When it's not there in our days, we feel it acutely, striving to get it back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've managed to find a perfect balance between earth and sky in this beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynnie- I am glad you like it - I would love to see you use it in a watercolor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. George- I had not noticed - but it is rather balanced. At least I can still find balance in my images. Well actually you found the balance- thanks for helping me see that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful winter shot - reminds me of one I particularly liked when the grass was green, though maybe that was a different hill ~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.