Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Blustering with the Flow



Huckleberry Trail, Blacksburg, VA- Jan 12, 2011

The wind yowled like a lonely cat.

A darn cold cat.

At some point it had blown hard enough to disarm some smaller branches off the ragged trees, but mostly it had just littered the trail with vines; delicate as the curls on the forehead of a blond haired child.





So today I am like a wind that only blew hard enough to move some of the tiny tasks  off my to-do list.   And I am quite satisfied with that. 

On the flip side I might not have been as strongly supportive to my  husband (who is unable to travel due to the weather).  It is interesting to see how people handle the non-planned things in their lives. His answer is to plan some more.  And right now that is making me smile.




7 comments:

  1. I love the composition of your shot! I need to tackle my to-do list but I am a procrastinator....gotta work on that in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting those smaller tasks off my to-do list has a way of de-cluttering my days, love checking them off :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your description of the wind. Your picture is also wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kim- :-) Now don't go thinking I got big stuff done- I refilled the water pitcher, cleaned the sink and of course walked the dog. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joanne - Don't you love getting the little things done. My problem is the big ones--great starter- s l o w finisher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. George-I was down on my knees in the middle of the bike trail- my dog was wondering what the heck I was doing and kept trying to lick my face!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Something about snowy days makes me feel productive, no matter how much I really get done. Hope your husband was able to get where he needed to go.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.