I have an old plastic pitcher in the kitchen sink. It is there to collect the water that drips from faucet. It has been this way for about a year now.
In that year I have lurched, floundered and have a sister that says-"keep on swimming".
(Finding Nemo clip)
(Finding Nemo clip)
I have lost a access to my spouses family and a beloved nine year old niece.
For a while it was too hard. I miss her and all my nieces and nephews beyond words. Loving friends and prayers continue to bring solace.
Begrudgingly, I found a counselor. This precipitated a need for an emotional clean out of epic proportions. I have written seven page letters to both my parents, and secured emotional space. It is an amazing gift and an unsettling void. On occasion the uncomfortable feeling that I have abandoned my eldest sibling post is overwhelming. I feel a loss of balance and adrift. I am blessed beyond measure with the support of loving siblings and a husband who begins to see my journey. I am blessed beyond measure to have their love and the love of friends.
So with these losses comes beginnings. I continue with a prayer in my heart for all those caught up in transitions that seem surreal.
Highlights of this year of transition-
My first international solo trip to Finland and Cyprus.
I am re-introducing myself to art by immersion. I joined and become co-VP of the
Blacksburg Regional Art Assoiciation . I have had non-client photo work in two solo shows and had pieces in several other joint shows. I am taking pen and ink classes, participate in Plein Air events, and figure drawing sessions.
Here are some images from my show entitled- "Along the Garden Path"
"On the Right Path"
"Hearts on the Line"
"Hearts Listening for the Ocean"
"Almost May"
I became a grandmother in April!! I have been to visit five times this year. I will be there again in September. And although it is a fair bit to get there, I am so thrilled to be able to go. This blessings trumps all else. I am now a grandmother!!!
Upheaval comes slowly or all at once.
The faucets still drips. But I am thinking about getting it fixed.
Images from my show "Along the Garden Path" can be purchased by clicking on the image.
. .










I sat down to write you an email and saw that you posted. We peel away the layers to find our true essence. Your love and insight shine through your art in all the forms it takes. Your photos and your granddaughter are beautiful, as are you my friend.
ReplyDeleteWhatever has happened, Teri, i hope you are alright. Congratulations on the beautiful grandchild, and blessings to you...
ReplyDeleteDear Teri, So good to see this post from you. The metaphor of the faucet seems apt. I'm glad you're seeking peace, allowing yourself space in which to heal. The joy of a grandchild - what could be better? Love comes full circle.
ReplyDelete