Thursday, March 21, 2013

Journey

The SECOND photo is Linking with  Bonnie at Pixel Dust Photo Art, -self portrait

The first photo is linking with: 
ABC Wednesday , -J is for Journey  
And down below a heart  image for Random Heart Thursday.


Huckleberry Trail, Blacksburg, VA- 03-06-2012


Unplanned Journey

This journey started from a point I know longer remember.

How many curves have I slammed straight into?
  To see elegance in this bending and winding
I must find a still space.



Is a trip unplanned if it is just a trip you have avoiding?  The reluctant traveler sagas continue. The night before my trip, I thought I would actually become ill with panic. This was a trip to Buffalo. Time to bite the bullet and get in the car for that 10 hour drive. Of course there were snow squalls before we (my 18 year old nephew on spring break made the trek with me) even hit the West Virginia border. There were at least 10 of these delightful and blinding white outs on the 70 mile per hour curves of West Virginia, and Pennsylvania. By the time we reached the flats of I-90 the snow had pretty much abated. The family was all visited and seen.

I was as always most happy to be home in my own bed on Sunday.



Self Portrait - taken by my dad, edited by me


Coffee Stain Heart on the Counter
Kitchen Counter, Buffalo NY- 03-14-2013 


And just one more thing-





44 comments:

  1. Love the coffee stain! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewa- the coffee stain heart is as real as it gets. So glad for cell phone cameras to catch these little marvels.

      Delete
  2. A nice self-portrait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anki-itte- I love your name!

      Delete
  3. I know that journey, no time to think until it's over. Be glad you're home safe, process, let go....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon- I think I thought too much. I need to learn not to worry so much. xo

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you're safely back home - if there's one thing I don't do it is anything to do with me and wheels and snow. Thank goodness we don't have to worry about that very often.

    The heart coffee spot is adorable - and so is your self portrait.

    I'm going to echo your "one more thing" ... springtime - where are you???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clytie- SO nice to hear from you! And yes that drive really made me crazy. I will not be doing any more driving to the north country from now on until after May!

      Delete
  5. A JOURNEY, planned or unplanned, can be approached with anticipation, dread, or JOY. I guess that the goal is the important part of any JOURNEY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate - And therein lies the challenge, my JOY was over run by the fear of driving in snow. I slowly regaining my joy however now that I am back home. :-)

      Delete
  6. Some great images here Teri. So sweet to see half of you.

    Lovely poem,too. That still space ... we all carry it inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie- Just keep bringing on these great prompts. They help me find that still space. xo teri

      .

      Delete
  7. I'm from Albany. Your trip to Buffalo was an exhausting JAUNT. Both the poem and picture describe it well!

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roger- I have a brother who just moved to Albany. I missed seeing him this trip. Thanks for your jolly prompt.

      Delete
  8. Of all my journeys I made this year I knew my destination, but I met all kind of unexpected events, which meant that I arrived later than planned and my family had to wait a long time for me to arrive. On my way back the flight was cancelled so that I was later at home than planned. Your photo says exactly what it looked like!
    Wil, ABCW Team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wil- These journeys are always more than we think they are. But they are still beautiful - like that photo.

      Delete
  9. Cool self portrait edit - the cropping makes an interesting composition!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an interesting twist!

    January

    Catching up (again) with this week's entries.
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  11. glorious. made me think and recall and wonder. all really great things!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currie- I think you are on that curve of always seeing. Stay well.

      Delete
  12. Nothing says Buffalo, like SQUALL. I know....I grew up outside of Niagara Falls. And over 40+ years have trekked back to western NY to see the family. Always exhausting.

    Your photo of YOU (taken by Dad) is fun...I like that you showed us only 1/2 of you! Clever.

    Nice to meet you and I enjoy your photography very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan- SO nice to meet another Western New York girl. I look forward to staying in touch.

      Delete
  13. I completely agree with you on 'spring time where are you?'. We're supposed to get snow again this weekend. I'm glad you made it back home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey George- I am thinking winters really don't get started anymore until January. I supposed that should make me happy. It doesn't. We have gardens to tend don't we?

      Delete
  14. Thank you for taking us along on a bit of your journey. Your "selfie" was well done.
    Loved your little heart coffee stain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ida- so very nice to have you along. Actually I think you and your cat Piglet would have been good companions for the drive.

      Delete
  15. Loved seeing this half of you! Glad that you had a safe trip, and yes, where is spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne- glad you are back from your cruise. When you find spring tell her to head down to Virginia.

      Delete
  16. I like your portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Teri - my reluctant traveler friend. I like how you make yourself do it - each trip completed another success. I'm feeling a bit like that twisted, curving branch you photographed. I've been having a convoluted time with health issues. Some days are better than others. Thank you for thinking of me, Teri - that makes me feel better! It's cold, blustery, and snowy here in Breck, too. Of course, that's what we expect in CO in March. I've been off-line for what seems like a long time. It's nice to catch up with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb- I am such a brave little driver. Reluctant but brave. Be well my friend.xo

      Delete
  18. Indeed, where is spring, it seems to have got completely lost

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly- let me know if you catch sight of it!

      Delete
  19. oh Teri... those unexpected curves and blinding snow storms... they are endless... and here we are... surviving... our hearts in unexpected places displayed for us to find along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura- wishing you warmth and love all curled gently around you.

      Delete
  20. I need to look more closely at my counters. Fun shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I know you could find hearts on the sand somewhere.

      Delete
  21. Happy Easter and God bless. Thank-you for sharing your 'eye' with the rest of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love all of your images Teri! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.