Draper Rd, Blacksburg, Va- January 18, 2013
Draper Rd. Blacksburg, VA- January 18, 2012
Backyard, Blacksburg, Va- January 18, 2012
For three days it poured and poured. Every ditch flowed with dirty water. We told ourselves we needed the rain. On January 17 it began to snow at three in the afternoon. The world was transformed. Life was transformed. Things flickered, and then we were left in the dark.
In the morning, as if waking from a dream encumbered in sogginess, we blinked blindly, closing our eyes to the white snow and sunshine. Life was moving on.
Snow by Teri H Hoover
A hush
of silent transformation.
Gently kissing each transgression



I'm sorry you were left in the dark, but your photos are absolutely beautiful. I especially like the first one.
ReplyDeleteThanks George - It was only a few hours, I lit a few candles and enjoyed the quiet.
Deletemmmm beautiful winter....gorgeous shots of the white stuff!
ReplyDeleteThank you Cynnie- winter finally found us.
DeleteGently kissing each transgression with pure white forgiveness. I feel forgiven. Lovely photos.
ReplyDeleteRosemary
Thanks Rosemary. I appreciate your c visit and your comment.
DeleteThe bike covered in snow next to the parking meter ~ classic. That looks to me like an entry for a "Winter's Perfect Pic" or a "Seasonal Contrasts" exhibit. Hope your power wasn't out for long. We worry when nature here is soaked by rain, followed by an ice or snow storm. Not a good combination. You've gotten quite a bit of snow already. This is when we say, "Spring's coming!" [and we keep saying it until May]. Sending snowless thoughts your way ~
ReplyDeleteThanks Sharon- I love bikes in the snow, they make me smile. Bikes are actually the epitome of patience. Especially on a college campus. I think some of them languish for years unused. However I see this one around town quite a bit.
DeleteSo beautiful. Makes me miss Virginia so very much - I lived in Roanoke for 9 years before moving to Atlanta. Would move back in a New York minute because of views like this.
ReplyDeleteLori - That is neat to know you lived in Roanoke for a time. We have lived in Blacksburg since 1989, raising our to children here was perfect. Atlanta is nice but it does not have the mountains and the seasons. Thanks for stopping by and "following" my blog. :-)
Deletebeautiful photos Teri... and your poem... wow... so much said in so few powerful words. xoxo
ReplyDelete