Thursday, January 10, 2013

Slow Down



I was resigned to not finding a way to contribute to ABC Wordless Wednesday  but I found it! I edited this photo with great zeal, by using Bonnie at Pixel Dust Photo Art  wonderful Brown Rice Paper Texture and lots of other filters and photoshop tricks. I also incorperated the entrance/exit theme on many levels. This is a gate into the cemetery at the Key West Cemetery. An entrance into  a place, for some, that has no exit. 
  

Key West Cemetery, Key West Florida, April 2012



This is my third year that I have chosen a word to reflect upon; this years word is curves. It has been one week and two days after New Years day. The curves so far have been more emotional and abrupt than the gentle rolling curves I envisioned. When a curve comes at you with too much speed, you get thrown to the outside edge of the curve. All you can do is hold on, just enough not to send you into a tailspin. Kind of like driving on ice. 

We follow the curves of our existence. Even when we intend to go straight, there is bending and losses. Misunderstandings and abruptness. I do not find riding the outside of a curve exhilarating - I find it exhausting. 

We enter this life following the curve.  They are lovely on the inside and enchanting to look at. With a bit of grace I will hold on gently to the red hot curve of life - in the middle of winter.



A close-up of the curve on the cemetery gate photo above.



So I leave you with a song from my son and his wife's new CD called Slow Down- See tour dates below-





You Knew Me When Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos

www.reverbnation.com/youknewmewhen
You Knew Me When Lyrics, Songs, Music, and Videos by the band You Knew Me ...
Thu, Jan 10Neutral Ground Coffee House / WTUL Radio ... - New Orleans, LA
Fri, Jan 11Stellar Beans Coffee House & Edibles - Lake Charles, LA
Sat, Jan 12The Driskill Hotel - Austin, TX

18 comments:

  1. I'm glad you decided to participate. You show great ZEAL, and artistry, in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the road there are warning signs when a sharp curve is ahead, which is not so in real life. Hold on until they even out a bit. Thinking of you ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon- I will need to keep a better eye out. I think I just missed the signs!

      Delete
  3. Colorful and beautiful! Good photo art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Goodness, what a thought provoking, slippery and exciting post. Your analogies are so visual, I felt the need to hang on. Out of the depths of your mind you whipped us into a new place in life. I loved this ride and, though I know there are some underpinnings of pain, that too is a part of life that we need to learn to deal with. Perhaps the curves will lead us away from pain and to new horizons. Thank you ... you forced me to stretch my languishing thought processes this morning :)

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Andrea- I sometimes wonder if I am too oblique with my posts, But somethings are just too messy to get into online. For me anyway. I am blessed with the creative outlet that lets me work through things. Very blessed indeed. I thank you for stopping by. A very happy new year to you and yours. sending love-teri

      Delete
  5. Beautiful work!

    ZERO
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the close-up. I have always thought about life more like a road with sharp turns not curves so reading your post made me think. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great - I love what you did with ZEAL.

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great piece. It's so vibrant and I love that you showed the close-up of the curve in the gate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely processing, and what a wonderful choice of word for your year. Your writing is as beautiful as your photos...thank you for sharing. (and lovely song by your son and his wife!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This image is so perfectly and joyfully Key West! I hope it brings joy to you--it certainly brightened my dreary morning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your image is as evocative as your words, teri. Hope you are able to curve within and find comfort and strength there as you negotiate the curves without.

    ReplyDelete
  12. both your image-magic and gorgeous words brought me to pause and consider what you are saying about your word for the year. I so appreciate your taking the time to write as honestly as you have here. exquisite!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the decorative curves in that gate!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.