and Tina's Pic Story "A little Piece of Heaven" further down in the post.
Chartreuse into Yellow and Rose into Coral
I have returned from being away. I wonder if I should mention how much I like to be home.
Memories of places collect like the last bit of honey at the bottom of the mason jar. There, just through the glass you can see the remnants. I have just under 4,800 non-client images for the year.
I have just returned... from dosing off ... in the middle of my very own blog post. I have been back for nearly a week but I am still not over jet lag. My body paused.
There are so many reasons we go from one place to another. And just as many ways to get there.
Just west of the South China Sea-the Singapore Strait
So this evening, just before we sail off into a new year, I am thinking about this past year. This year I dedicated to the word pause. I maintained my resolve to observe the pause where ever I found it. I found that a pause could be self created or not. The self created pauses were most often conscious breaks to stop and sense something beautiful in the world.
Manggis, Bali- Dec 2012
The "or not" pauses could be welcome respites or interminable conditions. I puzzle over how a pause can feel welcome or unwelcome. I pause and remember how just a few weeks ago I experience a most dramatic and unwelcome pause.
I was all set to make my journey across the world to meet my husband in Singapore. But at 2 AM in the morning (just 3 hours after going to sleep and 2 hours before I was to awake at 4AM) my husband called saying the airlines had notified him that my flight had been cancelled. Heart pounding, brain still fuzzy with sleep, I contacted the airlines and re-booked my flight for the next night. I went back to bed in a state of panic. How could I calm down? How could this be alright?
... In the pause of prayerfulness.
In the most merciful moments, prayerfully, panic is subdued. There in the pause of prayer (desperate prayer for calm at this point) we may be blessed to find a grace filled and blessed moment of pause, with access to the divine. Our very own hearts hold such a precious gift. Of all the things I did and saw on this trip, this moment of discovery was the most incredible.
Ubud, Bali- Dec 2012
Ubud, Bali -Dec 2012
Ubud, Bali, Dec 2012
Ubud, Bali- Dec 2012
Tirta Empul Temple , Bali Dec 2012
Hot Chili, Widya Batiks, Ubud, Bali- Dec 2012
Manggis, Bali
The place you have left behind falls away~ you recall all the blessings you hold in your heart. xo Happy New Year everyone!












Teri, What a beautiful post - about pauses but also because of your keen eye for composition. These are the shots from which memories are made and kept. I wish you a Happy 2013. What will your new word be?
ReplyDeleteWhy thank you Barb. Wishes for a happy new year to you too. I should be around for a visit later today. xo teri
DeleteWelcome back, Teri. Happy New Year ~
ReplyDeleteTHe happiest of new year to you to Sharon- be in touch soon. xo teri
DeleteA beautiful post Teri! I am glad you are back!!! Wishing you all the best for 2013.....what wonderful images of your trips.....I just caught up on the posts I missed.
ReplyDeleteCynnie- Happy New Year!! so glad to be back and to "hear" your voice again. It is good to get caught up.xo teri
DeleteGorgeous images! I like the closeup of the Crown of Thorns-Euphorbia (?) best.
ReplyDeleteYes indeed the first photos are Crown of Thorns- thanks for stopping by.
DeleteWelcome back and a Happy New Year to you! Beautiful photos all of them. I especially love the photo of the children.
ReplyDeleteThank you Gunilla - it is nice to be back. Children bring such a spark to any image.
DeleteAn absolutely beautiful post.
ReplyDeleteEveryone needs pauses in their life.
Recharging and absorbing the world around us makes going into the new year full of anticipation.
Divine pauses for Divine appointments.
Sue - thank you so much for your thoughtful comment. I especially love your last bit- "Divine pauses for Divine appointments".
DeleteHappy New Year Terri!
ReplyDeleteHey there Annette! Happy New Year to you as well.
DeleteBeautiful photos! Happy New Year to you, too!
ReplyDeleteLeslie
abcw team
Leslie- Thanks for stopping by- I will do a better job of using the letter of the week in my post!
DeleteGorgeous, so want to go.
ReplyDeleteHappy WW!
http://www.nycsinglemom.com/2012/12/31/newyearseveinnewyork/
Beautiful shots. Love the sunset shot.
ReplyDeleteHappy New year.
lovely shot to the beginning to the year
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
ROG, ABC Wednesday team
Thank you for stopping by-
DeleteExquisite photos. I wish you a 2013 full of dreams and hopes fulfilled.
ReplyDeleteThank you Leovi. A wonderful image filled 2013 for you!
DeletePausing sounds like a good plan. These are fabulous photos. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeletehttp://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2013/01/wordless-wednesday-millies-beehive-do.html
These are beautiful images!
ReplyDeleteNew Year hopping from Ruby Tuesday
Here's my RUBY post.
Wonderful pics! Hope you had a wonderful New Year celebration. Wishing you all the best in 2013.
ReplyDeleteMy entries:
Liz (mcn)
Liz (yacb)
fascinating photos. I loved them.
ReplyDeleteThank you Lantane.
DeleteI'm glad the cancelled flight didn't completely ruin your plans to meet your husband in Asia. I thoroughly enjoyed your photos from Bali, since I was there nearly 25 years ago. I only wish I knew as much about photography then as I do now (and I still have much more to learn).
ReplyDeleteHey George- I am glad they did not cancel my flight too. I cannot imagine what Bali was like 25 years ago! And you could give lessons on how to take the perfect photos!!
Deletewonderful pics! thanx for sharing your piece of heaven with us :)
ReplyDelete