Thursday, November 1, 2012

Prayerful Pause


Blacksburg, VA- Nov 1, 2012

Peculiar fallen feathers,
atop the dried leaves on the sidewalk.
 Someone lost part of their Halloween costume last night.

this poem is a part of  


I guess it has been a long time since my last post. I had to stop and think how to post an image; oh dear.

I have found my word for the year to be most useful - again.

Pause.   It is just fine to stop when you are out of breath, from being too busy, or just completely gone. 


I was completely gone ... in Sedona, Arizona.




This one is by my husband- that would be me reviewing the image I had just taken.




Sedona, Arizona October 2012


A fellow photographer catching the light of Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona.
Unfortunately, I did not get his name.

Flying back home, we are whirled into focus as we pray for those affected by Hurricane Sandy. A deep pause of prayer. 




xoxo teri








27 comments:

  1. Thanks for these words with this pic- it has been my experience this week that prayers and blessings have indeed found there way to those in need.

    May this be true for everyone who is in need in the storms in life- real and figuratively.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "May it be true for everyone in need in the storms of life." Well said Mary, I thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Breath taking, life giving, awe inspiring. I'm glad you had time in such a place and are now home safe and sound. Nature gives and takes in such extremes...it takes time to take it in...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon- Nature- like life... just so much to take in. So we sit back, for a minute or two. xo teri

      Delete
  3. I need to put you in my coffee-beak list on my side-bar. Somehow I miss too much. You have such beautiful images of awesome creation! Thank-you for sharing some of what you experience! I am linking to your blog from a poem I spilled after reading you comment to me.

    Thank-you, and God bless. What a mighty God we serve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet- I just feel there is a connection through your writing -that links me directly to Gods grace- I thank you. I feel the same about your posts-I miss them too much-. Maybe someday you will do a book and then I could have your writing close by.xoxo teri

      Delete
  4. You got some great pictures in Sedona. You did a great job of capturing the color in the landscape. I also like the light in your photo of the woman sitting on the rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey George- I had a great time out west. With over a 1000 images it is always hard to pick a few to edit! By the way the woman on the rock is me... taken by my husband. I guess I should note that in the photo! xo teri

      Delete
  5. Yes, Sedona Arizona is a great place, great pictures of great quality. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leovi- Have you been to Sedona? I would love to see your images from there if you have.

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful place to be away to :) I have missed you . . . and your beautiful interpretations from your camera. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy- I wish I had more time to spend blogging- but alas I am luck to post every other week or so. Maybe in the new year things will slow down- ha- xo teri

      Delete
  7. Teri, these are just gorgeous! Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful images, I forget sometimes what home looked like. I really need to get back down there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beaux- I believe it would do you a world of good. I hope you are taking care of yourself. I am so very amazed with you and your journey- AND sometime when I am out in your neck of the woods we will go out just to shoot some together. hugs - teri

      Delete
  9. Dear Teri Hi how are you-beautiful images reflect your great talent.Prayers and best wishes.have missed you much regards as always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anjum- I thought we may have lost touch, completely. I will try to reconnect with you via your link here. I think of you often and hope there are moments of peace and blessings for you. xo teri

      Delete
  10. This is an awesome series! I love that kind of landscape, and your shots are so beautiful, but the one of you is my favorite. The way the light comes in makes it ethereal.
    I have been mostly absent from blogging for a long time now, and I'm just trying to ease back in now. I have missed communicating with you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inger- I will catch up with you in an email. I am so very glad to see you here again. My heart is thinking of you often. teri

      Delete
  11. so much beauty dear Teri... I look forward to your "patch" for the gratitude quilt... Clytie sent one the other night... what a journey for her and Beth... so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura - was so glad to be able to get my patch to you and be a part of it again this year. xo teri

      Delete
  12. What a beautiful place, and a blessing to be there, just as you are a blessing, Teri. I'm grateful to know you, and glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.