Sometimes, you feel like you are 16 again. And just feel like boycotting everything. Although, at 16, I would have never boycotted anything. Compliant, silently waiting for my chance. So, here I am a 52 year old woman, with a wonderful life. But-- you mix a summer of too much physical therapy, and pain-in-the-butt insurance companies, and kitchen floor that has not been washed since February (really) and not enough hours in a day and a husband off in Asia and ... and...
Honestly, it can be triggered by a song, at any moment.
I will be back soon; mature, functioning and with a better attitude soon.
And yes I am still shooting lots of photos, a funk rarely stops the photos. (But for the record this is an old photo)
This song was the trigger...
And Leanne's Snapshot and a song - gave me permission to go ahead and post.


I love it Teri!! Great shots...awesome song choice! Hope the funk clears the funk up soon! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Janet- Well it is a new day. I woke up on the right side of the bed this morning. Thank goodness!
DeleteAnd...and...and...says it all. Teary tonight so won't listen to the song right now. Just feeling so misplaced. Sorry you're in a funk. Me too.
ReplyDeleteSharon- will email later today. xoxo teri
Delete"Compliant, silently waiting for my chance" Boy, did you just describe the 16 year old me as well. So sorry you are feeling funky, but if its any consolation you made my day with this song. This one I've listened to frequently in the last year as it regularly queues up on one of my favorite Pandora playlists, but one I haven't listened to in a while. Yes, it can move me to tears too, but there is something so hopeful about the song in spite of its angst. It always evokes a myriad of emotions in me and I had a moment of contentment as I played it back from this embed on your blog. It is a wonderful thing to me when I connect to others through music and thanks for sharing with Snapshot & A Song
ReplyDeleteLeAnne- Songs are a conduit to the release of emotion that many times I have let sit too long. Last night was one of those nights. This song came on and there I was. I am much better this morning- thankfully.
DeleteSorry you are in a funk ... funks are hard, but climbing out of one can make you a stronger person. It is all part of life's plan. The song is wonderful, says so much for so many. It is okay to be sad ... we will all be a little sad with you. But I know you will be back with new insight and strength.
ReplyDeleteAndrea @ From the Sol
Hey Andre- I had to let this funk flow through me and right on out. I have learned that it is ok to be sad. That was a big step for me. Even though I have been sad often in my life, I chided myself for it. Which in turn only made things worse. Small gentle steps... through sadness. I am trying not to bury it anymore or chide myself. As Laura over at Shine th Divine http://www.shinethedivinecreativityisaspiritualpractice.com/ would say... "gentle steps".
DeleteA funk,,,oh no!!! I just caught up on the posts I missed while I was away....I am glad you are back to having two hands again:)...I was away so long I forgot how Blogger works,,,heck I couldn´t even sign in correctly:) now that I figured that one out I wonder how long it will take me to do a POST...oh heavens:) Have a sunnnnny day and take care,,,,,,
ReplyDeleteoooh I forgot to say how cooooool that foto is...I have one of myself in ROLLERS at 16,,,maybe I should post it:)
ReplyDeleteThank you Cynthia- I really love this photo too. I am MUCH better this morning!
DeleteI'm so out of touch, I've never heard this song or heard of this group! I like them a LOT!! I'm glad you are feeling better today, I know I hate being in a funk...
ReplyDeleteHi Teri, I noticed you didn't write to the whirl this week. I am so sorry you are feeling funky. I know the feeling all too well myself. I hope you come back to us soon, and feel refreshed.
ReplyDeletePamela ox