Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Photo Fun Wednesday-unpaused

Please scroll down for this weeks challenge entries.
`
It is when time moves without my added effort. Days pass through the haze of sleep deprivation or pain meds. Last week slipped by due to a visit from my two sisters and a niece and nephew. My nephew needed to come down for his college orientation, he will attend Virginia Tech at the end of August. (so exited!)

Anyway here we are in week 5 after surgery for a torn rotator cuff.  I find myself here at 3 AM due to my shoulder screaming to change positions despite prescription sleep aids and pain meds- so I apologize if anything is amiss in this post----one handed typing is still quiet challenging. I am progressing steadily and even did a photo shoot with mt niece last week. It felt great to shoot a little bit again. I hope each of you are well.


Backyard Garden, Blacksburg, VA-July 24,2012


I took this macro while waiting for my niece to change outfits- I love the bit of the sundial on the right. The red flower is called a cardinal flower-and my humming birds love them. It hides a little up-side-down-heart, to the very left.



This photo contributed to:



The sky above the Blacksburg Library 


This photo contributed to:


Here are a few photos of my photogenic niece -














I cannot wait until I can shoot all the time again.



15 comments:

  1. Nothing amiss ~ good to hear from you and see photos of your lovely niece. I'm sorry sleep continues to elude you. For the first time in eight years I can count on usually getting six hours a night, which feels like a good night's sleep these days. May the sandman make regular visits to you again soon ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures, Teri! I have missed you!!!! So much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a very photogenic niece. I'm glad you were able to do this shoot, although I am sorry to hear about the continued pain in your shoulder. I hope and pray that will soon be a thing of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures with the "Love Harder" graffiti background, especially the one with your niece hanging off the beam by it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful photos,Teri!Thank you for sharing and have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots and so glad that your shoulder is recovering nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to hear things are progressing on the healing front; but I'm sorry you're still in pain. A friend of mine is on the final stages of her PT for the same thing, and said the process is slow, but worth it!

    Your niece is stunning - I love the rock she's standing on!

    Your shot with the bit of sundial in it takes my breath away as well - it's gorgeous.

    Hang in there, dear heart-friend! My thoughts and prayers are with you still.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your niece is beautiful! I'm sorry to hear about your pain and lack of sleep and I hope you'll feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty. Your photos and your niece! I need to know where she got that shirt! I hope your pain is under control soon, sounds like a not so fun recovery. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pray your recovery becomes less painful with each passing day. Happy that you are still able to participate in Flower Art Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. pretty pics! thanks for your wonderful piece of heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you are improving day by day. The photos of your niece are great and I love the sky photo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A big group thank you !!! I hope to be back to blogging and visiting soon...xoxo teri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.