Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Photo Fun Wednesday...on Wednesday!

Please scroll down for this weeks challenge entries.


What do you know?It's Tuesday evening and I may have this ready to go for on time for my Photo Fun Wednesday blog post.  

So what is the deal with this self imposed Wednesday thing anyway?  Truth? It is the last vestige of my New Years non-resolution- doesn't that give you a fine picture of my resolve?  Like most people my resolve dissolves by February.  But in 2011 I had a break through year. I simply picked a word I would revolve around for a year. And that word was balance. Honestly, it was one the best resolutions ever... because I stayed with it.  

For the last three days of 2011 I fretted over a my new word for 2012. I considered joy....but that was too much word for me and settled on the word pause . (A link to my January 1,2012 blogpost.)
 
Over half way through the year I can tell you balance felt better to me. I felt like I was doing something.   Balance suggests movement between extremes.  Balance gave me direction. Funny how a year and a half later I am continuing to discover more about balance!  BUT what about this pausing thing?  The word which seemed to offer respite back in January has slammed into, "HELP get me out of here!"  The word of late has come to suggest lack of movement and in its most frightening form; entrapment. Wow... can we all guess where this has come from?  This surgery has put me into a giant sized PAUSE !! 

Here is a photo I took when I just could not pause any more,and yes I used my Canon 5D. No I am not at the beach. These shells are on the table out on the patio. I could not resist. I was sitting down when I took the photo. That is like a pause...





Backyard Garden, Blacksburg, VA- July 16, 2012

 For Pixel Dust Photo Art...although light is not the primary focus of my image-it plays a great supporting role in making my "high key" image


The photo above evolved when I wanted to add a border. So I super zoomed in on the shells. And this what came of that. Ahhhh pause...
 `

 `
Then I layered a photo I had of a wet piece of paper (layers are everywhere). And then added it as a border to the photo above. I think this image stands on its own, it is so delicate.
`



Here it is in black and white...just not as intriguing to me.


So I added another black and white...from client work folder. Isn't this family precious?



This photo is contributed to: 
~Black and White Wednesday~on Like Christmas Everyday
and
Black and White Wednesday


And then I did this photo on another day-(sitting down again)to thank all my blogging friends for all the sweet wishes during my recovery. If you look close there is a thank you card.

Dining Room Table, Blacksburg, VA- July 15, 2012



Same photo? You bet...Zoomed in, cropped, photoshop filters; poster edges and dry brush, with crumpled paper layer at about 35%opacity, 60%fill , and border of super zoomed,cropped and layered at about 35% opacity and 35% fill. 



The  photos above contributed to:


From my heart to yours 
thank you...








21 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely photos ~ great editing ~~ thanks, ^_^ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos, Teri!! Absolutely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear! Absolutely....just got back from physical therapy....time to ice the shoulder and take a nap. I hope to be back to visiting your blog more regularly in the coming weeks Thanks for coming by to check on me!

      xo teri

      Delete
  3. I think I would have problems with 'pause' as well, although intellectually I know that pausing can be very beneficial. I really like your photos of the shell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Word origins fascinate me so I did a bit of looking. Most old meanings of "pause" have to do with stopping or bringing to an end. However, the Indo European meaning of "paus" is "to let go." I think I like that one the best.... Here's to "paus"ing ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pause in Europe means a "coffeebreak" ;) - I am from Europe / Denmark but if you have a "pause" between two lovers it kind of meaning let it go ;) - this is just my tuppence

      Delete
  5. I didn't see you at www.starone.dk/b5??? ;) - What a lovely image you made with the flowers (saw it at LeAnnes) - I love the shells so much - superfractilistic good !!!

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stunning image. Joining you from flower art friday. http://tutusshots.blogspot.com/2012/07/blooming-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious family shot! Love it!!! Good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I've always thought about doing that "word thing" at the beginning of the New Year but somehow I just never seem to do it. I commend you for giving it a try and for succeeding. Perhaps the "Pause" this year is just what you needed.
    Absolutely LOVE your seashell photo's. They are stunning.
    Very pretty photo of the Hydrangeas for FAF as well. Lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice shots! I like both the shells and the hydrangeas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice. Love hydrangeas! Thanks for sharing with Flower Art Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very very clever, & inspired - the paper that looks like a clam, especially. Amazing, some of the works on Wordpress...

    Noeleen
    www.VodkaWasMyMuse.wordpress.com
    www.WordsFallFromMyEyes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for joining us with your wonderful weekend flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your work with the shells has produced a lovely piece of photo art, Teri. Thanks for sharing your creative process making the borders. Thanks for sharing with Photo Art Friday.

    Funny how the meaning of a word can change for us - depending on our perspective.

    Hope your recuperation is proceeding smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful shots from the shells!

    ReplyDelete
  15. your photos are lovely.
    congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  16. really love the shells Teri...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.