Friday, March 16, 2012

On a Departing Flight





 Roanoke Regional Airport, Roanoke VA-March 14, 2012





extracted, distracted
finding the edges,
but wanting the center


my center    
                                                                                                       left
on a departing flight





My center is in Asia. He has only been gone since Wednesday. It is Friday night. He is lost to Asia until April 4. Oh, this is going to be a long haul. 

I mark my days by keeping track of things I have completed. One trip to the bank, and then the post office. One car load of spring cleaning extractions, (oh yes that what they were- stuff I did not need, hiding in the recesses of closets and drawers, extracted from their comfy places) taken to the Good Will. "Do you need a receipt for that mam?"
(this photo links to my sisters new blog...)

... No, no receipt.  No more pieces of paper to keep track of.  Next- the hardware store to find that "flapper" part for my toilet. Thank-you helpful hardware man. All the while texting my sister, who is checking my progress on NOT buying more things I don't need. These chairs were cute though.
My sister says- "Do you love it, need it, have a home for it?"   I have deck chairs already. So long cute deck chairs.   Onto the mall- I have not been to a mall in two years. Who are these people? The place is packed with people and stuff. I am invited to a lingerie bridle shower next weekend. Life could not be any more bizarre. My sister said to by some granny panties and say they are for nights you just don't feel in the mood. I laugh hysterically to myself. Glances from proper customers. I procured what I needed... nice camisoles and matching panties... and that is all I am going to say about that. 

Arriving home it is refreshing to have all the Good Will items off my dining room floor. I am relieved to be home. Later I made a salad the size of a large computer screen and walked with my dog and a  poor friend in the rain... without an umbrella.  I think I am beginning to sound distracted. Oh and I also fixed the toilet and hung a much needed light in the pantry. Don't worry it was a battery operated deal.. I was not playing with electricity. Phew...

Now you say, "She does sound odd." Just overtired. Off to bed.  Maybe I will dream of my center. 




'

6 comments:

  1. April 4? That is a long haul! Hang in there -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not odd ~ just busy. "High five" on all the stuff to Goodwill. I never get a receipt either for things I have lived the life out of and want to share if someone else can use it. My weakness when I go shopping is bowls. If I had unlimited cupboard space I would have dozens of mixing bowls...and plates. Love the different colors and designs of plates. It's best I don't buy at all and just look:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly deserve to be tired after the busy day you had. You got a lot done. I'd invite you to our house so you could work some of your magic here, but I think you'll get along just fine at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post, Teri! (I'm going to visit your sis in the hopes that she will reaffirm my commitment to no more stuff). While "your center" is away, I hope you walk, walk, walk, and write, write, write. All of us will benefit (even the pup). PS I like the granny pants idea - maybe I could send you a pair...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for letting us tag along through your day, Teri! Your lengerie shopping expedition cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me laughing:) I loved the blow by blow account of going on errands with you.
    I especially loved going to the Goodwill.....a place I SHOULD go too!!! I need to get my car as full of stuff that needs to get out of here!!! oohhh those are cute chairs...I think I need a few for my patio:)...nooooo let´s not go there....we all have enough STUFF!! Granny panties...omg!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.