Avon by the Sea, NJ- July 20, 2011
There is no denying it-
I am drawn to
the beach
the shore
the sand
the salty air
the crashing waves
even though I do not swim-
my heart belongs to summer into autumn.
While away in the mountains of Utah, my husband embraces the snow covered mountains and skies with the ski crew. Yes, I can ski (on greens and slowly), but generally I am happier when I don't have to jam my feet into 2 pound boots and strap boards to my feet. So, I pretty much do what I do when I am home; find a project and work on it. I am working on last years photos of our daughters wedding in July. I am having a blast.
While playing with the wedding photos I found all my unprocessed beach photos. My husband and I went to the New Jersey shore the week before the wedding. We are blessed to have great friends who allow us to visit at their home every summer. We decided to stop there on the way to the wedding, and it was the best way ever to prepare for the wedding weekend in Connecticut. I arrived lightly tanned and relaxed.
So there is no denying it; although I try to be amenable with winter, my heart belongs to summer and autumn. And it was just so delightful to be immersed in beach photos on this wintery day in the mountains. In fact, I was surprised to look up and no longer be able to see the mountains out the window... it was a white out of snow!

What a marvelous shot!!! Having fun in Utah and dreaming of the ocean....sounds good to me:)
ReplyDeleteAnother beautiful photo. Why are we always so drawn to the sea? Is it that something about it speaks to the soul, something we find so hard to put into words, yet you have managed it.
ReplyDeleteThe vastness, the movement, the sound, the shades of blue draw me to the ocean, too. I'm glad you found a place to "put into port" while in Utah. The ocean mirrors our lives in that it is always changing.
ReplyDeleteThis photo has a perfect ambience, Teri! I do miss the ocean sometimes. You might like snowshoeing - you could take your walk in the woods. I keep hoping for more snow here in CO (just not tomorrow when I must drive back to the Mts).
ReplyDeleteI'm with you in that I, too, much mor enjoy summer and autumn either at the beach or in the mountains. I can stand snow for about two days, but could happily hike the mountains for weeks on end in autumn.
ReplyDeleteI can relate to your poem, teri: I like to be on the beach hearing the sound of the waves, watching the tide, and feeling the salty breeze. The photo is breathtaking. The curving lacy waves remind me of a wedding gown. I wonder if this waves are nature’s way of foreshadowing of the wedding you were heading for. Stay warm.
ReplyDeleteYoko