Winnie the Pooh- and heart candles
Two gifts from two wonderful friends
Feb 15, 2012
My heart has been unsettled... which makes for a quiet blog. There are things that this photographer just edits out and we will leave it at that. I don't know about you, but I find it hard to blog (and do lots of other things properly) when I allow dimness to creep in. Insidious little tyrant.
Yesterday was Valentines Day. And for no good reason my mood shifted back into better place. Well, that is a lie - there were probably a million reasons; including a wonderful husband who sat with me, on Valentines Day Eve and rubbed my sore shoulder. And then pulled up the "Adopt a Manatee" website and let me pick out a Manatee to adopt. Silly? Yes. Save the world? No. Just what I needed? Definitely. But only because I had that very afternoon made a conscious decision - again- to turn toward what I know is right. So here is to the 364 other days. Where we continue to return our hearts to Gods light.
Today was extra special too- A friend came with me and my dog Pepper on our afternoon walk. But first she gave me the Winnie-the Pooh ornament pictured above. (Pooh is my personal hero.)

Teri, that made me sad :(. Here's to the next 364 days!!
ReplyDeleteGood thing we get lots of days!
DeleteDear Teri, we all do indeed have those days when our hearts seem bent out of shape, or perhaps a bit deflated...I'm glad yours is returning to it's fullness...sometimes it takes a while, patience is not easy. I can picture Pooh, "a bit stuckish"...he waited and waited and waited...his friends tried to help...ultimately, he was released and back to his old heart-happy-honey-stickied self again.
ReplyDeleteFaith in waiting- that is one thing I can and do come back to. Thank goodness I have role models like Pooh to keep me straight.
DeleteI think we all have these 'push through the muddy water' times in life. Those times expand if we allow guilt and the belief that we are more prone to failure than success to prevail. For me it takes a constant...it's all about you, God, to get me out of those 'hollows'. I pray for you victory, joy and peace, one day at a time.
ReplyDeleteJanet- Remembering to have faith even in the waiting --- and NOT let the feelings of failure to get in the way of my access to Gods light. Thank you for your prayers! xo
DeleteTeri, I understand the "quiet blog" spells. If anyone can help, it's Pooh. My favorite Pooh-related quote is when Christopher Robin says to him, "You must remember this ~ You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Good to remember during those unsettled times when nothing works quite right.
ReplyDeleteSharon- I have that quote on my other blog... Pooh s very wise. And your kind words and friendship is something I am very thankful for. xo
DeleteAdopting one manatee won't save the world. Adopting the spirit that inspires manatee adoption will. Here's to you and Pooh!
ReplyDeleteJosephine - your words are spot on. Thank you.
DeleteGlad you feel more settled and have such a supportive spouse, Teri. Each day different and unique - some better than others, some giving off more light, and others more obscured by shade. I think I appreciate the good ones more because I've had my share of bad.
ReplyDeleteBarb, I know you speak from a place of truth. And I love having your words here for me.
Delete