From my writing space-
return to normal by Teri H Hoover
Like a deflated balloon,
the house is suddenly calm and quiet.
Scattered dog toys,
an exhausted dog,
and one off-kilter human,
surround themselves with sunshine.
Things return to normal.
Note:
Yesterday while walking my black lab Pepper- we found a little terrier
running loose on a busy street near my home. I easily caught him while
he sniffed my dog. Tying my purple scarf to his harness we went home to my house. There was no
collar, no ID info and no microchip. (I took him to the vet to have him
scanned- they need a phone app for that!!! ). So we spent the afternoon
yesterday making signs and posting; "DOG FOUND" notices on Facebook,
Craig's List and notifying all the dog agencies in town. Happily after
less than 24 hours later the owner contacted me through Craig's list.
PLEASE if you have an animal, have proper, up to date ID, with a phone
number on your pet.
AH HO! As some say in forceful agreement. And AH HO to the off kilter rescuer and her patient exhausted very hospitable dog. I can feel the air breathing out a big sigh around you.
ReplyDeleteMost people wouldn't go to that trouble for a lost dog. You are hero of the day :)
ReplyDeleteI imagine you and Pepper sitting in the sunshine ~ you sipping a cup of tea and she gently snoring.
ReplyDeleteAnd the terrier is safely home enjoying her spot in the sun because of your efforts:)
I'm glad you and Pepper were able to rescue the terrier and worked to find his owner. Your advice to owners about identification is very good.
ReplyDeleteYay! I'm so glad there was a happy ending! And yay for you for finding the owner. The best thing to do is to have your dog microchipped- everyone should do it.
ReplyDelete