Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Reservations



`
In the door way, 
between 
in and out. 



Starting the third day of the year. I am having reservations about my word for the year. Dramatic pause.... I like to pause... a lot. Is it cheating to have a word I like already?  Will this make me a slug?

Hmmmm.....I did not see of the rest of the world out walking the Huckleberry Trail on this 19 degree day. My dog and I did the whole two miles. Pepper wore her pink coat and I had on several layers, boots, gloves, two neck warmers, two scarfs, (my neck needs to be very warm) and a hat.  I had been debating-procrastinating-putting it off-avoiding, ah... er... I mean  ... PAUSING. Surely I was just using my new word for the year. Right. This new word will need constant supervision.

What made me get off my butt and take myself and my dog for a walk? The doorbell. My sister.(No, she was not at the door-she lives 500 miles away) A package. My sisters hand knitted hat, and scarf, with a heart secured inside a special pocket. You cannot get a gift like that and not take them out on a test walk.

Even though I would prefer to always stand in sunny doorway, warming myself like a cat. I now realize, even with the word pause I will not become a slug. I have faith that my pausing will take on more meaning as the year unfolds. And the blessings as prompts to action, right action could be the result. Glad to be home out of the cold though - and so is Pepper.

Here is the small stone I found while walking today.  Good thing I found it early, my phone konked out by mid-walk.

 

January 3, 2012- Small Stones
it's cold1!!!!!!  by  Teri H Hoover


Frozen footprints. 
Full-bodied punctuation,
or exclamation overuse? 



14 comments:

  1. I love this shot of the woman in the doorway...fab composition....then I peeked below and saw those last two skies...made my eyes bug out:),,,wonderful colors....your post had me smiling about your word...
    Happy New Year....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cynnie- Hope you have had a great start to a colorful year...going to just have to go and check out what you are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading your post, I decided to establish a word for the year; that's a brilliant idea, to come back to a chosen word over and over again in the course of the day; now, to choose....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monica- So nice to have you here- you must not laugh at me feeling cold at 19 degrees... I am sure it is nothing like Alaska! I cannot wait to hear what your word will be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pause...a good start to 2012, Teri. What a great Sis - glad you got out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing photographs. I know it's wrong to envy, but I kinda do . . . such talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barb- I do have 2 wonderful sisters... I am so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy-a photo a day keeps the doctor away- used to be my motto. Oh wait it still is. Thank you for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to meet you online, Teri! I came here via your comment on “Visit Japan”.

    At first I was puzzled why bundled in the layers of clothes at 19 degrees, and then I got it that it was Fahrenheight! In Japan, temperature unit is Celsius. 19F is about –7C, I quite understand. Pause... I like to pause, too, as something important gets lost in daily rush. You have such a wonderful sister and I like your photo with haiku, frozen footprints.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you very much Stardust -so glad you figured out our silly use of Fahrenheit.

    I do have a wonderful sister!

    Do come again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excuse me, not “Visit Japan” but “View Japan”. Thanks for your response. Have a good night sleep.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post, Teri! Yes, I look forward to sharing pauses too! I have to put some mindfulness into mine as I tend to be a bit "unconscious" these days :-) Your sister sounds so nice, and I love that she put a heart in there too :-)
    Speaking of hearts, are you putting up a post for Guest Heart Thursday today? I am; I found so many heart this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Inger- Between your mindfulness and my constant reevaluation of my word it is going to be a very focused year. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oma- So very nice of you to come by. You tied everything together so nicely!!Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.