Monday, December 12, 2011

One Good Thing

`

New Haven, CT - July 20, 2011


Now let's just stop right here.
We are going to sit here for a minute, until grace falls back into place.

Ah, that was just what I needed.

Make straight the path. Shake loose the personal trash. Empty my heart so there is room for grace.
So I return with prayer and intentions toward balance. Finding room for the light. 

So how did I sustain myself? A huge piece of pumpkin pie would have be nice. A great big margarita would have been pretty darn good too. But tonight I chose instead to find an image from summer and just remember things that held my heart joyous.

Take a one minute break from whatever it is - the overwhelming demands, the nagging  feeling of inadequacy, the sadness. Breathe into one good thing.

...It also helps if you managed to get all 7 of your packages to the post office at  9AM before there was a long line. Enjoy you accomplishments !


Somewhere in the recesses of my mind the title of this post came to me .... Maybe I was channeling Barbs wonderful blog  One Good Thing




6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your wonderful advice. Taking a moment to enjoy a summer scene certainly helps me deal with a gray, wintry day. Congratulations on getting to the post office before a long line developed. That's one thing I haven't been able to accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't even wrapped my packages yet and one of them has to make it all the way to France. AHHHHHH! I need to take your advice, clearly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "the nagging feeling of inadequacy, the sadness" ~ how did you know? Light shines through the tears with the reminder of grace from a friend. Thank you.

    And good for you with that pile of packages! I mailed the few I had and felt good about even that. Now the cards are another story....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You honor me, Teri - and have given me my One Good Thing today by reading the blessing of your post. I've just returned from cross country skiing for a couple hours through a few inches of fresh snow in the quiet of the wilderness. I'm tired now but feel joyful. I think a cup of tea is in order - and maybe even a piece of scone. Continue to find One Good Thing each day, Teri - I'll try to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, yes!- the red flowers have a way of bringing back the sunshine. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots and love and blessings - George,Sharon, Barb and Sharmon!! xoxo teri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.