Friday, December 23, 2011

full house

December 23, 2011- Small Stones
full house   by  Teri H Hoover


A house chimney stands immovable,
amongst clouds masquerading as smoke.
Like children losing interest; 
they twirl and tumble, 
Bump and scatter.
.

Process notes: Upon waking; still lying in bed I look out the window to see  clouds swirling around my neighbors chimney, in the lovely morning light.  So I wrote the first two lines. It seemed unfinished because I wanted to say more about the clouds and how they seemed like children to me. It was not until mid morning, when my grown children and their spouses started gathering in the kitchen. I was drawn to remembering how, when small, they bounced and twirled. Then I was able to finish my small stone.


14 comments:

  1. So glad to hear everyone has arrived safely. Tomorrow night will be our first meal with everyone here. I can't wait! Enjoy your time together ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have a full house. It brings back those bounce and twirl memories! :=}

    Merry Christmas, Teri. I appreciate you, you know. :=}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your description of the clouds swirling around the chimney. I'm glad you are able to enjoy having your children home with you during this happy season.

    I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teri,
    I'm wishing your family a beautiful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon - thanks for your friendship. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clytie- Those bounce and twirl memories linger a long time. Sending heartful blessings for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. George- lots of love to you and Betsey! I look forward as always to all your wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Beaux-
    Sending you love and prayers.

    May your heart know I think of you often and I send love and prayers for you and your family on this Christmas day-

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's beautiful Teri - the comparison between the two. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. merry christmas, teri! i love your small stone and miss writing my own. i hope to get back in the habit with january's river. have a blessed holiday season and a joyful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely stone it is! merry Christmas and all that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susan- So glad to see you again-I will look forward to seeing your small stone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.