empty house by Teri H Hoover
`
Clouds relinquish the sun.
The sun fills dark places.
The sun fills dark places.
Brightly through my kitchen window.
Filling now the quiet spaces.
Now settling on my dog and warming my shoulder.
Plunging the world into light.
The computer screen covered in my reflection.
Trusting fingers to type through mouth lines and golden hair.
Filling now the quiet spaces.
Now settling on my dog and warming my shoulder.
Plunging the world into light.
The computer screen covered in my reflection.
Trusting fingers to type through mouth lines and golden hair.
`
PST (Post stone thoughts)
Like a whimsical melody, husband glides by my window on his bike.
Momentarily he is through the door,
"It rained and sunned on me-".
He disappears into the bedroom to change.
From the closet, I hear my husband singing a childhood rhyme;
"We do the hokey pokey and turn ourselves around- that's what my Teri is all about."


"Keep calm and walk the dog" ~ I love it! I am out of sync with my treadmill regimen and missing the daily activity. If I had a dog I would not be able to take a week off:)
ReplyDelete