Buffalo Mountain, Floyd VA- Nov 8, 2011
Like the leaves - November is almost gone.
I have not been inclined to post much this month. It has been a good month. A bit like running a marathon. I was well prepared, so I am doing ok.
One more week and the "man with a plan" will return, I cannot wait. He will laugh to read this. Yes he will. I am not a "lovey dovey" sort. And he kinda, sorta thinks I do "better" with out him home. Better... better than what? I do get lots accomplished while he is away- and he misses out on all my misgivings, as a I push myself forward.
Lucky guy.
The list looks like this. I hung curtains in the living room, and bought a new ladder just for the occasion, removed all the leaves out of the backyard garden,(well until last night, when Mrs Willow dropped her remaining leaves) dug up the iris bed, fixed (spackled and painted) various holes around the house- (they have been there for about 5 years), started a new quilt, got Christmas packages in a state of readiness, client work...LOTS of client work, and of course my daily walk with my dog.
One more week and the "man with a plan" will return, I cannot wait. He will laugh to read this. Yes he will. I am not a "lovey dovey" sort. And he kinda, sorta thinks I do "better" with out him home. Better... better than what? I do get lots accomplished while he is away- and he misses out on all my misgivings, as a I push myself forward.
Lucky guy.
The list looks like this. I hung curtains in the living room, and bought a new ladder just for the occasion, removed all the leaves out of the backyard garden,(well until last night, when Mrs Willow dropped her remaining leaves) dug up the iris bed, fixed (spackled and painted) various holes around the house- (they have been there for about 5 years), started a new quilt, got Christmas packages in a state of readiness, client work...LOTS of client work, and of course my daily walk with my dog.
So, in this time of thanksgiving, I say thank-you to all the friends that walked with me, took me to movies, had dinner with me, sent me emails or commented here,and and kept me in their prayers. Ah, the prayers!! The prayers are what carry me through any given day.
I could minimize my efforts to get through this month, but I won't. Learning to stay balanced, even in every day life, is a good thing. Moments of re-balancing. Balanced in faith.
So I remain thankful.
Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends,
and blessings of thanksgiving shared with all.
I am off to Philly for Thanksgivng- and I leave in just a bit- SOOOO exited
xo teri
a last bouquet, backyard garden-Nov17, 2011


I love this photo of a tree.
ReplyDeleteYou captured the beauty of branches brilliantly.
Happy Thanksgiving, Teri! I hope you are having a wonderful day, safe and happy. I am not traveling this year - just a quiet day at home stuffing the bird (the bird being ME!)!!!
ReplyDeleteTeri, as far as I'm concerned, that's the activity level of a whirling dervish! And you still take time to walk every day. That's balance, my friend.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your time in Philly. Next week will be here before you know it:)
Teri I hope your Thanksgiving was lovely. I'm so grateful to have had an opportunity to meet you via blogging. What an amazing time it is to be alive, to connect with so many beautiful souls around the world!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment ACAES. I love the wavy shape of the branch in this tree. Also this photo did have photoshop filters added to the editing.
ReplyDeleteClytie- Staying home appeals to me- but that was not to be. AND I had a wonderful time. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
ReplyDeleteSharon- I wish I could wield a wand instead of whirling. I do love the walking though. Monday is almost here!
ReplyDeleteLaura- amazing indeed. I hope your Thanksgiving was full of blessing.
ReplyDelete