Wednesday, August 3, 2011

promises

Sometimes I write- from my small stones blog..

August 3, 2011 Small Stones
promises by Teri H Hoover



        Huckleberry Trail, Blacksburg, Va - Aug 3, 2011

The idea of release hangs in the heavy clouds
beyond the path in front of me.
One stray raindrop finds freedom-
the rest break a promise and stay cloud bound.

`

3 comments:

  1. I like both the poem and the picture. We actually got some rain tonight, but it hasn't cooled things off by much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you George- Before I started to write I would have not been likely to have photographed this scene. I find my visual world has opened up to see with words even when things are a bit dim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful pairing of photo and poem. Personally, I wish the raindrops in the northeast felt free to break more of their promises - we've had lots of rain and looks like there are many more showers to come this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.