Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Perspectives from Below

 Avon by the Sea, NJ 

The past hangs in my memory like a wedding dress in the sunlight-
Shimmery and a bit hazy - 
white tulle and faulty hemlines.

August 2, 2011 Small Stones
perspectives from below by Teri H Hoover


What in the world is she talking about? I am off reliving last weekends wedding and my past in general. I said to a friend I am in awe of this life. I am surprised at having two grown children. I am surprised at the dog laying on my couch, head hanging precariously close to the edge. I am surprised at the people I have touched and the people I have annoyed. I am surprised that I have taken up writing a blog. I am even more surprised that I have taken up writing at all. I am surprised that every time I am confused or off balance I am lovingly given a moment of balance.This is truly an incredible life. 

The photo above is the underside of my daughters wedding dress. I was working on a hem that was missed among the 5 or six layers of tulle. I was stunned by the sheer beauty found beneath a wedding dress hanging in the beach air by a window - I would have missed this the incredible perspective from below if there had been a perfect hem.

Such a wonderful surprise to be found in a faulty hemline.

8 comments:

  1. wow, Teri....what a miraculous shot and perspective........I am blown away by it,,,it gave me the jitters:)
    really....goosebumps to say the least....amazing.......I think this needs to blown up and framed....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cynnie- I had so much fun photographing this... I was submerged in my own little world.... I did a whole series from under the dress! -and yes it will be framed-

    xo teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very unique perspective and a very beautiful photo. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you George for stopping by and leaving your nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully seen, both the lighting and composition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peter- lovely comment. Thank you very much for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photo is amazing, and I have been thinking about it since my first read of this post. A slight shift in perspective can change everything. We don't need to see the whole picture to capture the essence.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow- what a great shot; love the perspective, and the perspective! :~)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.