Friday, August 12, 2011

homage

August 12, 2011 Small Stones
homage by Teri H Hoover 

The willow pays homage to the waterfall.
White clouds of mourning remembered...
she is missing more than dreaming.

In her wakefulness she slides under the edges of silent becoming.

   
Backyard willow, Blacksburg, VA Aug 12, 2011



August slips by amidst the ongoing rush of house guests and yellow willow leaves. The busy-ness has served to move me forward after the year of focus (overt and underlying) on the wedding preparations for my daughters wedding.  I can feel the pull of summer's cicadas during the day and the crickets at night. Windows finally can be left open as the temperatures back off during the nights into the 60's. I am reunited with all I love about summer  Undercurrents of melancholy swirl and dissipate, I am grateful for the circles in my life. The friends that continue to come back into my days with insights and laughter. The family that allows me opportunity to be helpful and a husband that watches it all-giving time and space and love. 

Love in small things.

Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies. ~Mother Teresa


3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful thoughts accompanied by a gorgeous picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you describe sounds to me like balance, the things that matter falling into place while you feel peace and gratitude. That's a good place to be ~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.