Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Exit

August 28, 2011 Small Stones.
exit  by Teri H Hoover
You exit like a vapor into the clouds.

 


Listening closely to not hear summer ending.


If fact on Monday I wrote a verse called the Crickets song- twice
(on my writing blog a small stone Gathering .)


One with melancholic overtones

Side One

Impossibly quiet footfall
In this beginning of late summer stillness-
hundreds of crickets
paint a translucent wash of color with their song
muffling the sadness
-in my heart
blurring the line
-of the seasons
dulling the edges
-of my fear
                   with love

One infused lustful hopefulness

Side Two

The sound of thoughts blending to footsteps
Awash in a buffer of blessing.
In this not yet autumn
the songs of hundreds crickets
fearlessly sing in the transition of seasons,
dipping into
the paint bucket of translucent color
singing all their might
LOVE ME!!!

I even went so far as to record several bits of the crickets song on my cell phone. And when I download that to YouTube I will put it here. They came out really well.

It is now the dusky part of evening, when husband I  are usually returning from our walk. Instead I sit alone and listen to the crickets song through an open kitchen window. However I do not wonder why the cricket sings because the purpose of  the crickets song on Wikipedia says they are indeed a happy bunch.  And my husband was right.

They sound content more than happy to me. So tonight I will breathe in their contentment and take a bit for me. 

Good bye August - Hello September.
`

4 comments:

  1. I like both sides of your Crickets Song. I also like the photo you shared with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks George-A bit slow on the replies--- I wish the crickets would keep singing till December.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a full chorus of crickets here, too. Like me they want to enjoy every last day of summer ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Teri It was a pleasure to read about the 'Crickets song'in the silence, after a walk, we often tend to miss the beauty of nature around us and take it for granted, people like yourself keep this side of Life Alive'.Wish to share some artwork.I am trying to move on with this Blog...please visit whenever you find time. http://artwriterscolors.blogspot.com/2010/10/gold-wheat.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.