Monday, July 4, 2011

independence

July Small Stones
independence by Teri H Hoover

`
Brightly the little firefly
shares the dusky sky with the demanding explosions of color.

Both the firefly and the pyrotechnic-
rising like a cinder from a bonfire;
mirthfully  claiming the sky as they rise- 
and suddenly-gently surrendering to the air that enfolds them.
They float into their flicker and disappear.

`




`

2 comments:

  1. I love your description of the exploding firework in the second poem. :) But I really, really, really love the first. You gave that little firefly personality. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful word picture of the things we can enjoy during a July evening.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.