Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Once in a While I Write

I have  been writing small stones since January of this year. I do this by giving my full attention to one moment or a series of moments every day but instead of just  photographing the moment I use words. It has enriched my life in ways I am still discovering.  I have  a separate blog -A small stone Gathering  that I serves as a holding place for these observations. I have been thinking about how to share a bit more of my writing here. So today is the first installment of  Once in a While Writing on Wednesday.   Once in a while that sounds good to me. 

 

Carried Home


Dove - by Douglas Robertson


I am cradled in the silent rush 
the feathered threads of his white wings straining  
                                                                       toward bliss. 

Hovering sentries singing me safely through with the beating of their wings. 

And the heart of the white bird carries me home without so much as a whisper.



Writing by Teri H Hoover- June 20, 2011
 
Prompted by artwork - Dove by Douglas Robertson
Artist Douglas Robertson has worked
for over 20 years on collaboration projects
with some of the UK's most renowned poets.
Please visit his website here- Douglas Robertson

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Teri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply beautiful, Teri. :) A powerful ending. Thank you for sharing this.

    And in response to your comment on my Livejournal, thank you for stopping by! And of course, I would love for us to collaborate in photography and words! :) I look forward to that. I am such an admirer of your photos!

    In fact, I am looking for artists to collaborate with, specifically in the month of October 2011 where I will be working on the haiga. If you're interested, let me know! :) I'd love to write poetry for photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teri this is lush, rich writing. I'm so glad to that you are making this a "once in a while" thing...so often we push ourselves to commit to more than is manageable, reasonable, gentle and kind not just to others but to ourselves as well. I am working on this, on pacing and allowing for space to simply be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both the picture and words are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.