Friday, June 3, 2011

Flowering Pages





I am such a renegade. Surrounding myself with old library books I have done the unthinkable.  I have transformed the pages into flowers, Does the world not have enough real flowers? Why does one cover a dining room table with hundreds of circles cut from book pages? I could have gone to Michael's and bought these already made. It started as a book-themed wedding shower.  And grows steadily by the day.

I also went to the store an hour away- to try on my dress. I must say I am really pleased. My daughters dress was there too- oh my it is lovely.  She will be in town on June 11th for the said shower- but first we will have a 9AM fitting for her dress. Things are moving along.


6 comments:

  1. mmmgreat shot of your cute flowers...sounds like an interesting theme for the shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your flowering pages are beautiful and very appropriate for the theme of the shower. It sounds as if it is going to be a splendid affair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never would have thought of this:) Glad to hear you like your dress ~ if you feel good about how you look the rest of the day will fall into place with ease.

    ReplyDelete
  4. George- I have had so much fun making these paper flowers- they seem to be lasting longer than the ones in my garden too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cyn- You would love seeing my dining room table right now- paper,scissors,brads,glue sticks - this crafty stuff is messy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon- The book theme for the shower came about because my daughter really enjoys books. I am having a good time with all of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.