Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Presently


NYC-NY-May 14, 2011

Heading toward July 23, 2011

In November I went with her to try on dresses In a Room Called Grace.

Words to describe my part in the process might be 
careful, awkward, tenuous, tentative, measured,
followed by prayerfulness

some more prayerfulness

always prayerfulness

Blogger is insisting that prayfulness is not a word- which I find very amusing. 

We had a lovely day in New York City.
We arrived via train to Penn Station 




 
and took a cab up to the home where the party was being held




And then we saw her standing in between the traffic -
 waiting for us and talking with a friend.
I am the mother of a 30 year old daughter 
and my heart still sings when I see her. 

What a wonderful celebration for the future bride and groom!
 






4 comments:

  1. Your photos share the flavor of your special weekend ~ I especially like the perspective across the crosswalk. What a wonderful time for your family. We took the train to Boston last August for my son's wedding and again this month for my son's graduation. Leaving the driving to Amtrak lessened the stress for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it that your heart still sings!
    What a special time for her ... and for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayfulness should definitely be a word, regardless of what Google says. I also like it that your heart still sings when you see your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all

    Sharon- I am trying to write something (for my A small stone Gathering blog) about that crosswalk.

    Clytie- You are so good at finding hearts!

    George- Maybe I should bring prayerfulness to google attention- but google is not a word either...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.