Wednesday, April 20, 2011

While I was Looking up


A lovely ladies garden-Blacksburg, VA-April 14, 2011



I had been looking up all day, when a friend points to this yellow tulip.I would have missed it! And then later while post processing the image in photoshop I found another surprise. Hidden in the yellow  loveliness is a heart shaped shadow. Now I have another "wild heart to send my sister! I think I will call it "too lip love" ha ha.

I live in a small town, the mayor lives on my street. I have known known many of my neighbors for over 20 years. We all have raised our children here- it binds us together. This town has pockets that hold a bygone time. I wonder at how this is possible with the Virginia Tech enrollment  at around 28,000.  But then I stop wondering and go out to take my walk - camera in hand. Stopping by my neighbors garden to chat I am blessed when my friend, librarian and lovely lady points to a yellow tulip. I have been looking up all day- blessings at my feet.  xo teri

5 comments:

  1. Your work is fabulous and what a cool look to your blog. I like how all the extras are at the bottom and I can concentrate on your wonderful fotos a lot better. I have links and things at the bottom of mine,,,tooo many,,,but I think I am inspired by the uncluttered look here and will move a lot more things to the bottom...thanks so much for inspiring to clean up my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is so beautiful Teri... you could link it to clytie tomorrow for guest heart thursday
    http://clytie-randomhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the opposite -- look at my feet instead of looking up. You remind me that I need to look up more! hugs -

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been away for a couple days and hoped to come home to blooming daffodils...but not yet. Your yellow tulip photo will hold me over:) It looks like there might be a very small visitor just inside one of the petals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tulip was also looking up, but I'm glad your neighbor pointed it out to you. You got a great picture, and I really like the heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.