Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Little Help



Blacksburg Virginia -April 9, 2011


The Big Event at Virginia Tech is a student-run community service effort that has grown into the 2nd largest event of its kind in the nation. Every spring, thousands of students, faculty, and staff come together to complete hundreds of community service projects throughout Blacksburg, Christiansburg and the New River Valley.

Projects are completed regardless of need or socioeconomic status; instead, it is The Big Event’s goal to simply say, “Thank you." Seeded in Virginia Tech's motto of Ut Prosim (That I may serve) students and community members come together for a truly unparalleled experience.

The Big Event: “One Big Day. One Big Thanks.”

For 5 years my husband said, " We can't participate in this event... "It is for people who need help." It took me 5 years- but I finally said- "You know what- you may not need help but I do."

 So once again I am thoroughly amazed and blessed to have these students show up at my home and work for 2 hours to demolish 16 cubic yards of mulch. I love you guys. I love Virginia Tech. 

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! My neighbor was having trouble finding people for her boy scout troop to help, so I let them plant some flowers for me. It was so rewarding to watch those young people enjoy doing a good deed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the saying? Many hands make light work... Looks like a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Big Event sounds like a wonderful event. Good for Virginia Tech!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.