Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Journey Continues

(Click the blog title to be taken to the corresponding post on my new blog)


Huckleberry Trail, Blackburg, VA- March 31, 2011


When you look through your lens what do you see?

Honestly, there are many times I am not looking through a lens at all. This photo was taken with my phone. The little images I get off my phone just amaze me. Does technology surprise you too? Here is the less edited version. Both are nice for being such a cold miserable day.

 
This past December  I made a pack with myself to get over despising winter. Around the same time the word focus for me seemed to be "balance". I came upon A River of Stones on December 31, 20010 and on January 1, 2011~  I wrote my first "stone".  I was thrilled to discover that my small stones were usually found on my 2 mile walk.  I wanted to walk- in the cold, the snow, the ice because I could think there. Who knew? There was nothing I could do about  the awfulness- so I walked through it.  I learned to let winter be winter- I completely surprised myself when I did.  In March I pushed myself a bit further- as you may know I took an e-course called Writing as A Spiritual Practice. I am still letting all that settle out . But I have gone back to writing a small stone/ observation everyday and  have since started a second blog-  A small stone Gathering .   By clicking on the title you will be linked to the corresponding blog post there.

I intend to tie my two blogs together in conversation (as well as linked) I will have this blog utilize my photography as a way to see blessings. (I have a feeling there will still be lots of words- but placed below my images) And my new blog will be without images and a bit more focused on things interior- and as such a bit more... more what? This is where the visual  photographer says " I don't have a clue".   With that I extend my appreciation for all the support and blessings from my friends near and far. I know there are plenty who read quietly and I say thanks to you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. I thank those of you who continue to comment and stop by now and then. You words mean more than you know. Stay well and know that sometimes even when you have a little courage - or camera in my case... you may be surprised by what you see- blessings are everywhere.


6 comments:

  1. Teri, you have found a creative way to link two ways of "seeing." What a great solution for sharing both.

    I love the photos, same yet different. The top one looks like an impressionist's painting. The bottom one looks like a post card of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading both of your blogs and the conversation between them. I have discovered as well that blessings are everywhere. ...sending some to you ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon- You know the linking part was very important to me - I really hope I can make it work. Wishing you springtime blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annette So enjoy seeing you and your horse on my page- sending you blessings-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the river of stones process too. I found winter to be far more delightful this year...maybe because I spent most of it indoors, I was able to slow down and truly appreciate the subtle changes day to day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura- I saw you and on days I could not find my way you inspired me! xo teri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.