Monday, January 17, 2011

Walking Through Drab



Huckleberry Trail, Blacksburg, VA- Jan 2011


The colorless day did nothing to dampen the song of the birds.



Light and color- they stayed in bed today.
I tried to dye a hat yesterday- after 2 hours in the deep plum bath- nothing. I used the left over dye on some white note paper and finally met with success. Quite lovely actually. I wonder to myself about my visual addiction to color and light. On my walk today I could hear the birds. They have gone beyond their chittering in the underbrush; there is no denying- they have begun their singsong calls for love. Tonight my backyard is covered  in fresh snow.



6 comments:

  1. This is a lovely photo! I love fresh fallen snow, but we don't get it very often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although you use the word 'drab', your photo is anything but that. This is a wonderful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SS- Hey there lady! Thanks for the compliment- I feel like I am grabbing at straws to find things to photograph right now---I need to get a bit better attitude. It is lovely out there in the snow-thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. George- You always have the right words to say- Thanks for stopping by ---and thanks for your uplifting beach photo over at your place. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love birdsong. And, the plum tinted paper sounds like wonderful serendipity - let's see it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It snowed here all day yesterday, and this morning there is an icy crust on top of the 5 fresh inches of the white stuff. I'm grateful for the snow, though, because winter is drab without it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.