![]() | |||
| Dining Room, Blacksburg, VA-Dec 17, 2010 |
In time morning will come.
In time loved ones will fill this room.
But now
just before dawn
the lovely lights
on automatic timers
brighten my still dreaming mind.
It is less than a week before my quiet house be consumed with the arrival of my son and his wife. Then a day later the wandering husband will return. I guess tomorrow I will need to prepare my mind to go from feral solitude back into domestication. I have completed many tasks- without distress. Gifts ordered and mostly received. Said gifts wrapped and sent. Other gifts bagged and under the tree. And cooking - who knew? Sidewalk and driveway shoveled (well ok goat path shoveling-but the mailman can get here.) And many, many photos for clients thankfully finished. I wonder vaguely about the things left undone- and oddly am not dismayed. It is nice not to be dismayed...

Oh it looks like Christmas at your house:) lovely lights..have fun with your family when they arrive.
ReplyDeleteAll things are ready ~ now enjoy;)
ReplyDeleteCynnie- Blessings to you over there in the snow- I did love your green and yellow creations!
ReplyDeleteSharon- Yes- thank you... I almost let a bit of frenzy take over this afternoon- but I reigned it in with a 2 mile walk. hugs to you!
ReplyDelete