Thursday, December 9, 2010

Frozen in Hopefulness



Backyard garden, Blacksburg VA- Dec 5, 2010

(click image for better view)

This photo was taken 4 days ago. And if I had taken a photo of this rose today it would look much the same- still a bud with snow all around.

 ~*~
When I photographed it I did not feel loss.  Instead I felt wonder at such a unlikely rosebud in December. All it needed was 2 more days of warmer weather to come to full bloom. Instead it is bud of frozen hopefulness. 


For You O Lord, My Soul in Stillness Waits.

Truly, My Hope is in You. ~Ps 98

 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes when i just want to relax my brain from everyday work, i visit your art. I enjoy it so much! Thank you Teri, you are so talented. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lou Anne- Wow-what an incredibly uplifting comment. Thank you. Hugs back. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post Teri! Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comment! My daughter's name is Terri - beautiful name for two beautiful women! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A moment in time captured forever. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We also had some rose blooms in December, but I didn't get any great pictures such as this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Miss Sass- Thank you right back!! I am enjoying your photos and insights as well. My name was Terri until college. I gave up the second "r" because it always looked like a puddle after the first "r". How is that for being lazy??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon- I am truly blessed to capture the beauty around me. Lately photography has really kept me grounded. Hugs-

    ReplyDelete
  8. George- When I posted this I had in mind your Thursday flower posts - and was remembering your lovely late November post called "The Experiment". I was thinking this rose would be my first December rose- and in a way it is.
    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.