![]() |
| Historic Smithfield Plantation Blackburg,VA- Dec 4, 2010 |
From grey flannel skies
Sifting snow softly hisses
Announcing winter
I would like to thank SD for the lovely words that accompany my photo- SO ...Thank you to my ambulance driving mother of four, grandmother to one, cooking diva, and quilting friend to all the Easy Piecers/Geezers. Ms SD please send me more!!

I love the Winter pictures. I have thought about taking some but I am generally freezing to the bone so I try to stay indoors.
ReplyDeleteWishing you and yours a warm wonderful holiday.
Beautiful shot!! Looks like winter in autumn...try saying a foot of snow ten times fast........yup, that is what we have:) and this is only the beginning!!!
ReplyDeleteMy Freezing friend- Please feel free to enjoy my winter time photos and stay warm!! Big sweatshirts and lots of layers. May you and your family be blessed as well- sending love.
ReplyDeleteCynnie- Hey there! Glad you like the photo- You must be uber busy! I know I am. If there was a foot of snow I doubt I would be out walking my dog in it- but you never know, my dog is pretty persistent. warm hugs
ReplyDeleteGreat teamwork you've got going on here, words and image in perfect sync :)
ReplyDeleteI like both your description and your picture. The photo is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLove the haiku as partner to the photo ~ nothing better than a good partnership. I will share with my daughter who has been writing her posts on FB in haiku:)
ReplyDeleteThat's the driveway of my dreams. *smile*
ReplyDeleteJoanne- Talk about in sync- I photographed this photo and my friend sent me the words the next day. :-)
ReplyDeleteGeorge- Isn't it amazing even on the dreariest of days there is always something worth photographing.
ReplyDeleteSharon- Oh please share your daughters blog with me!! I am glad you like the haiku, I hope my creative friend will send me another one soon!
ReplyDeleteHey Carlynn- It is a nice "driveway". It is on a historic property not too far from my home. I visit there on a regular basis- it brings me a great sense of peace.
ReplyDelete