Monday, November 8, 2010

Weekend Reflections



 Heritage Park, Blacksburg, VA - Nov 7, 2010


Backyard Birdbath, Blacksburg, VA- Nov 7, 2010


Sometimes the reflections are so enticing.
Such pretty little pieces.
Sometimes I loose God in the distractions.
Fretting over details.


But he leaves his calling card of beauty -
and

I am
re-minded 
to be still

so I do not 
fall 
to pieces
over details



10 comments:

  1. And yet you've captured the details beautifully, especially the birdbath. There's almost a story in that image, something poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning reflections...amazingly beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these photos are absolutely beautiful, but I especially like the first one. It's a gorgeous image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your personal reflections match the beauty of your photographs. I like to think that God takes care of the details so I can focus on the big picture, putting my intention out to the universe and keeping faith that it will all work out somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joanne- I am often stopped mid thought, or stride by my visual surroundings. The bird bath really was one that took my breath away. The photo says exactly what I saw and it is indeed poignant. If I was a writer this image would be a story. Thank you for your insight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cynnie- Great to see you visiting today! Did you get all your beautiful photo books put together? I cannot wait to see what you are doing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. George-

    Welcome to my place- Coming from a photographer your comments are really appreciated. The first photo I took while crossing a stream on a log. I was very worried about dropping my camera or falling in the water! SO it is was a surprise to see that big leaf in perfect focus over the water. Love the image over at your place today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon-I need to frame your words in my heart. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'never tell a photographer that his/her picture looks amazing ' -- these are not my words , i heard it some where on the web . But i don't know how to show my appreciation , so I'm gonna repeat the same words --Your pictures are so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sree- Please feel free to tell me that ANY time. Sometimes it is hard for photographers to find wonderful words. Maybe that is why we take photos. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.