Monday, August 30, 2010

Holding On



Dining room, Blacksburg, VA- Aug 5, 2010

Because I do not know how to begin 

letting go-

Top of the Stairs, Blacksburg, VA- Aug 15, 2010


Maybe if I could finish something-

No I have finished many things.

Heritage Park, Blacksburg, VA-  Aug.7, 2010

Maybe if I could fly with wings that glisten -
but rest when needed-

No I  fly in my dreams and rest often. 

Heritage Park, Blacksburg, VA- Aug 7, 2010


Maybe if I make a V as I swam across a pond,

No - now I am just being silly.
Silly is good-




But when my heart is heavy - and I cannot let go-
I will  hold on
I will  believe 
in

Steppin Out, Blacksburg, VA - Aug 6, 2010

Art by-

2 comments:

  1. We let go when we are ready and do the best we can while we wait.

    And the parallels continue to mount - in the past week I visited your earliest posts but hadn't commented yet. I enjoy starting at the beginning to read someone's story. I noticed beautiful quilts ~ do you quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are on the same page! I loved reading your blogging beginnings. I started blogging due to a state of chaos in my life last summer...It felt like coming home. (I kept a diary/picture book since 7th grad and stopped in my early 30's). And yes I love fabric and quilting. Although photography is my main way of talking to myself and others I also love fabric,quilting, gardening,yoga and walking with my dog. But my favorite activity is actually staring into space and breathing...

    I am sure there is some blogging code that says your comments should not be longer than your arm... oh well. Here's to being ok with the waiting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.