Thursday, July 15, 2010

Reminders



The Room off the Deck, Blacksburg, VA- July 15, 2010 



A black dog 
lays on a red blanket
in a debatably
(which my the online dictionary says is not a word)
blue room.

Next to a woman 
of an certain age
who is  learning to be balanced.



There is a vase full of flowers-

blue hydrangeas 
from a neighbors bush,
pink with a blush of yellow gladiola's-
from the bulbs my mother gave me.

They are just so.
The dog.
The flowers.
The remind me while I work 
how to
be.

 



2 comments:

  1. My daughter loves hydrangeas, and that glad does not look real ~ what a lovely combination. And your dog looks content, a good way to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon-

    The hydrangeas had been there for a few days. And were quite lovely and content. This glad joined them after I found it on the ground (perhaps I should talk to the negligent gardener that did not tie them up- LOL).

    It seems to be a bit of a show off, but the hydrangea don't seemed to be bothered one bit.

    My daughter is much more into zucchini, tomatoes and squash. We go to visit her tomorrow - I am so exited!

    I absolutely LOVED your last post -"Woman Food and God" Wow you can write! Thanks again for stopping by -

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.