Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring Up



Backyard garden, Blacksburg VA- March 26, 2012

Purple Hyacinths in my the garden out back. 
I had to lay on the ground to get a nice close image of  them
 SPRINGING UP


Backyard Garden, Blacksburg, VA- March 26, 2012



And later,  after the sun went down outside my kitchen window- I began to play in Photoshop. The colors of purple and green blending together.

Spring has come in with the feel of summer- I even had to cut the grass.  Although I could not start the lawn mower myself-I had to ask my next door neighbor for help. My shoulder just laughed at me when I tried.  Besides cutting the lawn, I have finished the quilt I started back in December- maybe tomorrow I put up a photo. Come to think of it - I do believe the quilt is the same colors as the photos above. Tomorrow - yes tomorrow I will put up a photo. 


For now I pause, feeling the day roll over into night.And am glad for just this moment-

Lots of walks and blessings. Including the blessing of a friend who gave me Room Enough  to find joy. Thank you Linda. Hugs all 'round.  




13 comments:

  1. My, you've been productive! Beautiful pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Productive I like that word... thanks for stopping by Judy.

      Delete
  2. Yes, what we do for the perfect shot...lay on the ground, climb a tree...you name it I am sure you have done it...worth the effort too...a real beauty. I can´t wait to see the quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today it was the tulips... but I did not have to sit in the dirt to get that one.

      Delete
  3. The gorgeous colors of spring! I love the work you did on it, now it looks like a painting. And the quilt, I just want to snuggle up under it. The color scheme is exactly the same, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inger-I did think the color palette was similar. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I can smell the cut grass, one of my all-time favorite smells. Your purple flowers are sweet. My lavender crocus are blooming among the leaves and brambles, left on top to protect from these nights in the 20's. And your quilt is finished! So soon! How nice that you can enjoy it as spring begins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon... I cleaned up my sewing room and am now ready for the next quilt. As for the weather I cannot believe this is only March!!

      Delete
  5. Love the vivid purple, Teri, and what you have created in Photoshop, too!
    Congratulations on finishing your quilt, I may do the same with the one stashed away, one day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need a bouquet of the hyacinths on a bedside table, they blend so well with your beautiful quilt. Such talent, my friend. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy, Teri, and ALL of it is beautiful! Love the Spring colours, love your quilt and just love the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a quick note to say thanx. I think of you often and hope you are doing well. I am still quite sore and have not read any blogs until tonight. I will write you later. Thank you so much for being there for me over these years.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.