Thursday, March 8, 2012

Just to the Left




Continuum Photography by Teri H Hoover


I went back to playing with photoshop layers this evening. I have taken to making my own backgrounds/layers by manipulating some of my own images; some shot with my Canon 5D, and others taken with my cell phone. I started out with a photo of three friends playing Bocce ball on the shore of the Atlantic. I added a snow scene from my recent trip out west, and few bare branch tree scenes from this winter. I added a grungy looking border and a few more white layers (that were actually images of crumpled paper).  There were no hurricane image - as referred to in my poem below. Then I added my name. I really enjoy creating images this way. 



Just to the left of the rainbow
between the floor and sky
right near the tree lined seashore 
 and the hurricanes eye.


the rest of the story...

 

 





So, it was decided on Wednesday that my shoulder is in need of repair. The tear in my right rotator cuff will not go away on its own. After the MRI was done in January - I had it read by one doctor who was very nice - but not at all decisive on how to proceed. To be fair I don't think shoulders were his thing. So 6 weeks later I finally was able to get into a orthopedist who specializes in shoulders. He says this tear/hole in my rotator cuff will continue to bother me as it has done now for nearly a year- it will more likely than not become worse.  He has surgery openings at the end of March. But with a 6 week recovery and additional 6 weeks of strength building (physical therapy) I have to find a clear time on the calendar.  I have committed to photo jobs in May... and he is gone the first weeks of June... so it seems I will be looking at the second last week in June. What a strange summer this will be.

So in keeping with my way of coping - I have gone on a creative binge;  which is the opposite of pausing. (I paused yesterday- in fact I took a nap.  Here is the small stone I wrote about that.)
First I got out paint this morning and touched up all the dings along the walls up the stairs. Then I washed the sheets, and made the bed. Then I got the basement ready with boxes for spring cleaning. Then I answered lots of emails. After that I went outside and worked in the yard. I then collected willow branches and ivy vines to make a pile as big as me 
That was not enough- so I once again YOU TUBED videos about Photoshop layers and then I made  a picture using LOTS of layers and other photoshop tricks. Now it is time for bed.



6 comments:

  1. Teri, it sounds like you may be prepping to have that surgery done. Do what is best. I will send a prayer out for complete healing! Shoulders...not easy parts when hurting - but so necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teri, just a voice of reality.
    He is lying when he says 6 + 6 weeks -- more like 6 months to start feeling more normal. But, you will be able to do some photo work during that time. Never fear! ajc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Anne- but I know you will be with me every step of the way! <3 I bet you cannot wait. I better get all my "stuff" done now...

      Delete
  3. wow, that is lovely, Teri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to hear this, Teri. I know that it's not the way you want to spend your summer. Get your "stuff" done now and save up all the projects you can do with one arm:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I see what you mean by the "eye of the hurricane"! Did your shoulder ache a wee bit after all that activity, Teri? I'm in love with your layered process. The finished photo has such power of story. The mind seems to want to know more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.