From my writing blog- A small stone Gathering
September 2, 2011- Small Stones.
game day by Teri H Hoover
Some thoughts on game day in my home
town of Blacksburg Va- The home of Virginia Tech and the beloved Hokie
Football team. I was never much into football. But I have always had a great respect for the Hokie community- which became even stronger after the terrible day of April 16, 2007 - we lost 32 people in a matter of moments... a 5 minute walk from my home. I look
on in awe as this community continues to find ways to to go beyond.
These verses are simply a collection of impressions that I found on the first game day of 2011.
Hoots
hollers
Four more hours
until kick off
time
` flocks
of fans
marrooned and oranged
Virginia Tech fans
Hokies
Hokies
the
crowed roars
hot under
the September
sun
crowed roars
hot under
the September
sun
We shut them down
We shut them out
the fans weary from their efforts
empty the stadium early
Rain turns fans into unlikely athletes.
Dampness
Dispersing
Draining and raining
`







I love your hokie license plates. You are a good photographer. Thanks for looking at my website.
ReplyDeleteAL- Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment-nice to meet such a nearby neighbor!
ReplyDelete