Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Where the Edges Are


 Huckleberry Trail, Blacksburg, VA May 3, 2011

my small stone writing for May 3, 2011


I started my walk around 3 today, a flippy sleeveless shirt and light jeans.  An unusually warm day for the first week of May.  And I am not complaining.  I crest the tip top of the trail after waving a thank you to the cars that stop in the crosswalk for me to pass. A stretch of  pavement -one of my favorite open spots of straight trail- if I kept walking this trajectory I would end up in the Jefferson National Forest. I can see the mountains from here. The slight downhill slope invites my full inattention to walking. I float and the breeze brushes my wings.  I notice the breeze stays consistent like a current- starting out warm, but finishing cool. I think we are on the edge of a change for the weather.  
I wander in thought thinking of edges, transitions, pondering the softening shadows as clouds roll in. I see the fading edge of the shadows and feel they somehow illuminate  what transition is.  I whirl thoughts together; maybe it is in the less defined edges of transition that my heart finds room to grow.  Pondering on the edge some more I find two more photos that talk about edge to me.









5 comments:

  1. Terri:) I love the picture of the Dogwood flowers, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah- So glad to see your fun self back to writing-... Glad you liked the dogwoods- they sure have lasted a long time this year!!! Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Teri! How lovely--our dogwood isn't even in evidence yet. More rain here, they say.

    I am really enjoying your blog. You are not only a gifted photographer, you can write!

    Wow!

    Have a lovely Mother's Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially love the photo of the dogwood and the stairs. Thank you for finding my blog!

    Shalom,
    Terri
    aka CloakedMonk www.cloakedmonk.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of tulips and hearts and where the edges are...good words to describe my weekend. Lovely images, as always ~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.